Can I use xlx2 with original motors on infraction/felony?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calis5nest

Reaction score
Hi noob question here, as title states can I use the mamba xlx2 with the original motors on the felony/infraction? My plan is to switch the motors to something better in the future but for now Im keeping the original motors until I can afford new ones. Also, would there be any modifications that need to be done to the motor? ex. changing bullets.
The motor on it is the spectrum firma 25050kv. Thanks

Hi noob question here, as title states can I use the mamba xlx2 with the original motors on the felony/infraction? My plan is to switch the motors to something better in the future but for now Im keeping the original motors until I can afford new ones. Also, would there be any modifications that need to be done to the motor? ex. changing bullets.
The motor on it is the spectrum firma 25050kv. Thanks
The answer for that should be a yes. With that ESC u can run a wide range of motors

Last edited:
You can do that, but I'm not sure you will get anything out of it, other than a gigantic ESC. The XLX2 can run 8S, but I believe your original motor is limited to 6S. If you bump it to 8S it will probably go really fast until all the smoke comes out and it won't work any more.

The bullets are 8mm, not sure what's on your motor, probably 6mm? You will need a place to mount it, which needs to be planned out.

You can see my placement on a Limitless in my build thread. I used an ebay T2T brace and braised on some aluminum stock to lower everything 3mm.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/jerolds-limitless-build.49292/#post-698070

Yes if im not mistaken, Keep an eye on temps especially on 8s or changing gearing as the esc will keep sending power even while the motor is cooking itself. Should be fine as long as temps are kept in check. You can most likely pull some performance gains with gearing and voltage. Again it becomes a game of how far can you go before toasting a motor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back