Can my 4x4 Senton work 4x2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeardLadin

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
New to the game so im not sure if this is a bad idea so i figured id run it by a forum

I have a 4x4 Senton 3s BLX and i was curious if i would be able to just simply remove the center driveshaft that connects the front diff.

Could this cause issues with the drivetrain or motor?

Im hoping not because id like to find some drift wheels and tires for this truck and run it 2wd

Attachments

• 20191126_185252.jpg
    20191126_185252.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20191124_111037_HDR.jpg
    20191124_111037_HDR.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 28
New to the game so im not sure if this is a bad idea so i figured id run it by a forum

I have a 4x4 Senton 3s BLX and i was curious if i would be able to just simply remove the center driveshaft that connects the front diff.

Could this cause issues with the drivetrain or motor?

Im hoping not because id like to find some drift wheels and tires for this truck and run it 2wd
You can do that. I would find it tough to drive though. YMMV.

It is a bit tougher to maintain control. But it does some super crazy donuts and drifts

It is a bit tougher to maintain control. But it does some super crazy donuts and drifts
Idk makes the spur gear assembly move back and foward a bit becaus ethe spring loaded center driveshaft makes the spur gear assembly stay in place without it there a bit of play try at your own risk for the 4s line might be an issue and wear your gears up but on 3s rig like the senton your spur is plastic so should be okay if it ever strips its only a few bucks to remplace

Idk makes the spur gear assembly move back and foward a bit becaus ethe spring loaded center driveshaft makes the spur gear assembly stay in place without it there a bit of play try at your own risk for the 4s line might be an issue and wear your gears up but on 3s rig like the senton your spur is plastic so should be okay if it ever strips its only a few bucks to remplace

Well before i asked ive already had to replace a spur gear. It was only $5. But they tried selling me a metal gear I might have to go buy that next.

I did notice a little forward and back play in the gears before i put the motor back in. I kinda figured it would be eliminated by the driveshaft.

I did try it tho and it seemed to work alright in 2wd

The backlash in the gearing mesh is supposed to be there. You want just a little slip between the pinion and spur.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back