Typhon Can my typhon v2 handle 6s motor swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeyboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my dad just bought me a typhon v2 and he also bought a 6s version, straight away I want his model that thing is insane hahaha my question is could my car components handle a 6s motor swap? Thanks people

Short answer: no.

You can change components and make things stronger and better able to handle more power but it's better to start out with something designed to handle 6s from the getgo.

It would take more cash than simply buying a Typhon 6S to make the Typhon 3S capable of 6S power. Too many weak links. Save your time, effort, and money and just save up for a Typhon 6S.

no. I'm pretty sure @jondilly1974 has a 3s typhon that he has a 6s power system in but it is strictly for speed runs and has upgraded gears. The typhon 3s is plenty fast out of the box but if you want more speed change the pinion gear. No need to change the entire power plant.

no. I'm pretty sure @jondilly1974 has a 3s typhon that he has a 6s power system in but it is strictly for speed runs and has upgraded gears. The typhon 3s is plenty fast out of the box but if you want more speed change the pinion gear. No need to change the entire power plant.
I actually made one pass on 8S 😱🤘🏻

Making a speed pass and bashing are very different things. I don't even run my Typhon 6S on 6S when bashing. It is plenty fast on 4S for me.

I actually made one pass on 8S 😱🤘🏻

Making a speed pass and very different things. I don't even run my Typhon 6S on 6S when bashing. It is plenty fast on 4S for me.
100% agree with that, 6s is way to much I couldn’t even put the power down! So much fun though haha I’m 32 and just getting into it all! Iv bought a new motor for it so I can run a 3s so it should be a little better than it was. I was really hoping tho that I could just put a 6s motor in lol I’m glad I joined this forum I got help pretty much straight away

Back