Can not decide on a Radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skids929

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
Everytime I go and start researching which radio system to go with for my Losi 8ight Xt build I come full circle right back to where I started, which is nowhere. I love the Spektrum software integration, hate their hardware. The quality of their radios are complete sh*t to be honest. I have a DX5Pro sitting here and stripped out the screws to the battery door first attempt at opening it to test it out. And for the price you pay for it and the quality you're getting, it's over priced IMO. But again, tons of integration with Spektrum radio/receiver combos, lack of quality hardware.

On to Futaba. Love the Futaba quality, but hate that they don't have gyro capability built into their receivers, again lack of integration. As soon as you want to add Gyro you have to use one of their servos, which are hideously expensive- again lack of integration. So bottom line, tons of quality lack of integration.

Sanwa, haven't tried them since price-wise they're on par with futaba, great quality, lack of integration.

So my question is, am i missing something here or have I covered it pretty well? Is there a radio that i should consider? I'd go Spektrum bumper to bumper and call it a day if they had sensored motors and get everything I want in one unit. But this radio thing is holding me back, I keep going back and forth if go Spektrum and live with the crappy quality but great software or Futaba and forget about the Gyro and get used to running without it. Looking for advice or for someone to smack me upside the head and tell me to stop over analyzing this. ?

Don't know ur budget but here u go. All the radios for rc cars on hh.hh radios

Thanks..I am intimately familiar with all the Spektrum offerings. Budget is up to what a mid range receiver would cost. I am not going up to the super high end stuff, would want to be at or below the $300-$400 range MAX.

Thanks..I am intimately familiar with all the Spektrum offerings. Budget is up to what a mid range receiver would cost. I am not going up to the super high end stuff, would want to be at or below the $300-$400 range MAX.
$300 holy cow you could buy a whole car for that price.

What sort of integrations are you looking for?
If you want to connect to the Arrma Smart ESCs you may be stuck with Spektrum.

RadioLink has some options with the built in gyro. I have been tempted to give them a try. I know the look/quality may not be on par with Futaba, but that is made up for by the price. I hear they work great.

If you wanted to bite the bullet and get the 7px Futaba, GYC441 gyro, and a castle MMX8s esc. You would have the best 3 pieces of radio, gyro, and esc.

What sort of integrations are you looking for?
If you want to connect to the Arrma Smart ESCs you may be stuck with Spektrum.

RadioLink has some options with the built in gyro. I have been tempted to give them a try. I know the look/quality may not be on par with Futaba, but that is made up for by the price. I hear they work great.

If you wanted to bite the bullet and get the 7px Futaba, GYC441 gyro, and a castle MMX8s esc. You would have the best 3 pieces of radio, gyro, and esc.

Yeah I like that entire combo but i think you need their servo to make the gyro work. Thats what Futaba's website says anyway.

Yeah I like that entire combo but i think you need their servo to make the gyro work. Thats what Futaba's website says anyway.
I don't believe so. I know some guys using that gyro and not running Futaba servos. Probably just needs to be a "digital" servo.

I don't believe so. I know some guys using that gyro and not running Futaba servos. Probably just needs to be a "digital" servo.

Oh thats good to know...i suppose I could try it, still need a sensor for every telemetry feature though with Futaba and the 43Pv doesn't work with telemetry and Castle allegedly. So I'd have to get the most expensive radio from Futaba which is over budget. Honestly they'd make more money just pulling it all into one not sure why they do part it all out.

Oh thats good to know...i suppose I could try it, still need a sensor for every telemetry feature though with Futaba. Honestly they'd make more money just pulling it all into one not sure why they do part it all out.
Yeah their prices are a tuff pill to swallow.
All the more reason I see myself eventually going to RadioLink. For the price of one FASST RX I can get a Radiolink RC6GS setup :ROFLMAO:

Flysky Noble NB4? Super high quality build with tons of features and options for telemetry and has gyro built in.

i was told it didn't have Gyro built in? You sure? I think the model down from it has gyro built in.

i was told it didn't have Gyro built in? You sure? I think the model down from it has gyro built in.
I was sure it did until you asked.... now I’m pretty sure it doesn’t. Could you use an external gyro?

I was sure it did until you asked.... now I’m pretty sure it doesn’t. Could you use an external gyro?

FlySky US support couldn't answer that question straight up when I called and asked so I gave up on Fly Sky, but what I wonder is if the receiver for the GT5 Fly sky could be used on the Noble. They just don't know since it's kind of new and not widely used.

FlySky US support couldn't answer that question straight up when I called and asked so I gave up on Fly Sky, but what I wonder is if the receiver for the GT5 Fly sky could be used on the Noble. They just don't know since it's kind of new and not widely used.
The issue may be the radio doesn’t have an icon to adjust the gyro. I have one but haven’t really played with it yet. Have been busy with other tasks.

if you get time and don't mind checking that might save me from buying both and trying it out myself. ?
I don’t see it in the manual and unless they update the firmware to support it I don’t think it’s possible. Now I do have a SkyRC gyro somewhere that has the ability to adjust the gain via CH3 input. That might be something you could get behind.

I don’t see it in the manual and unless they update the firmware to support it I don’t think it’s possible. Now I do have a SkyRC gyro somewhere that has the ability to adjust the gain via CH3 input. That might be something you could get behind.

Yeah what is the receiver all about? What does it work with...Other option is to just go with the GT5 from Flysky call it a day. Gives me all sorts of flexibility motor and ESCwise.

Capability is built in, the gyro is only in certain receivers. I use and love the it4s and confirm works perfectly with the gyros in the fs-bs4 and the fs-bs6. Advantage of the bs4 is fully telemetary (and ibus) capable!
The issue may be the radio doesn’t have an icon to adjust the gyro. I have one but haven’t really played with it yet. Have been busy with other tasks.
Its called SVC on the it4s (smart vehicle control)

Capability is built in, the gyro is only in certain receivers. I use and love the it4s and confirm works perfectly with the gyros in the fs-bs4 and the fs-bs6. Advantage of the bs4 is fully telemetary (and ibus) capable!

Its called SVC on the it4s (smart vehicle control)

thanks...the question we are trying to answer is whether that exists in the NB4..thats the FS I would really want. I'd settle for the GT5.

JD, do you have an SVC icon on yours? That is how they refer to it.

thanks...the question we are trying to answer is whether that exists in the NB4..thats the FS I would really want. I'd settle for the GT5.
My bad. My comments it4s specific. Have looked at the nb4 user manual and it doesn't seem to have it. Surprising given that is the flagship.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back