Senton Can safe pinion clip fit on a 3s blx motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
It may be a dumb question but the safe pinion clip wont work on 3s arrma motor right? i want to run a 17t 0.8 mod pinion if its not worth it to get a safe one what should i get?

every pinion clip i have had has fallen off on it's own so I wouldn't be concerned. I have been running Robinson Racing hardened pinion gears on all my rigs.

That’s the factory Arrma pinion diameter. 15T is standard stock👍

Last edited:
It may be a dumb question but the safe pinion clip wont work on 3s arrma motor right? i want to run a 17t 0.8 mod pinion if its not worth it to get a safe one what should i get?
That Safe-D Circlip is just fluff. Spektrum Marketing BS.
Toss it. You don't need it. I would toss the Crush sleeve if there as well.
Just know that you need Threadlock Blue/ Loctite 242 or 243 on the pinion's Grub screw. Use heat first before loosening any fasteners with Threadlocker on it. (metal to metal)
And let TL cure for 24 hours before running the rig.
The Safe-D clip is dumb.:LOL:
They fall off by themselves and are supposedly there to keep the pinion from falling off if the Grub screw loosens. They are technically one-time use parts. Need a bag of these Circlips on your bench for every time you remove the pinion+ circlip. Circlips get stretched and damaged once they are removed. Will never stay back on snug.
Makes no sense to me.

That Safe-D Circlip is just fluff. Spektrum Marketing BS.
Toss it. You don't need it. I would toss the Crush sleeve if there as well.
Just know that you need Threadlock Blue/ Loctite 242 or 243 on the pinion's Grub screw. Use heat first before loosening any fasteners with Threadlocker on it. (metal to metal)
And let TL cure for 24 hours before running the rig.
The Safe-D clip is dumb.:LOL:
They fall off by themselves and are supposedly there to keep the pinion from falling off if the Grub screw loosens. They are technically one-time use parts. Need a bag of these Circlips on your bench for every time you remove the pinion+ circlip. Circlips get stretched and damaged once they are removed. Will never stay back on snug.
Makes no sense to me.
now that ik im gonna purchase a cheap traxxas pinion (32p 17t) and some TL i think i will be fine on 4s.

32 Pitch gears will be fine.
Modulus does not equate to Pitch.
But .8 mod matches closely enough to 32 Pitch.
Is it a match? Technically?
No.
But for RC use .8 mod and 32P is extremely close enough to each other. RC gears are not precise from one gear to the next. Proper Backlash/mesh makes it work. In most cases anyway. The Pressure Angles of the teeth of both types are not perfectly the same. But is commonly done, if .8 Modulus gears can't be sourced.

Last edited:
@1999fd, No, as I stated above, they are in technical terms not the same. But very, very close enough to use.
Measuring gear Pitch and measuring Modulus gears are two different standards. They don't translate to each other. Pitch is an old American standard. Globally these days, Modulus is used. Metric. More mainstream.

@1999fd, No, as I stated above, they are in technical terms not the same. But very, very close enough to use.
Measuring gear Pitch and measuring Modulus gears are two different standards. They don't translate to each other. Pitch is an old American standard. Globally these days, Modulus is used. Metric. More mainstream.
just to make sure the spur gear wont strip easier with a 32p right?

just to make sure the spur gear wont strip easier with a 32p right?
if spur is plastic no worries at all. The very subtle difference will not cause any issue. I intermix the two often. I Use traxxas 32p pinions with a .8 mod Arrma spur frequently with no issue.

4A17010E-0751-4955-B021-9B8280FCC593.jpeg

Like I stated above, if you don't have .8 mod or can't find them., 32P is a fit whether mixing with Plastic composite gears or Metal.
Buy the correct .8 mod if you can.
I would buy .8 mod if it were me. ;)
But many interchange the 2 with no issue.
This is not a new concept.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back