Senton Can Senton do 8S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exwhyzed

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi All,

After having a damaged cell in my 6S battery, and splitting it into 2 smaller lipos...I was thinking...instead of just getting another 6S...perhaps i should just take out the electronics and put them into another RC that is needing them, and try out a Hobbywing 8S capable ESC with a pair of 4S batteries.

The Senton's drivetrain seems super tough, is it capable (with the bulletproof diff mod) of doing 8S? I would of course program the ESC so it doesn't have as much punch when i pull the trigger. Has anyone tried this? I'm guessing the answer is a yes it is indeed capable, but i just want to make sure.

Also if anyone is running it at 8S, please share your motor/esc combo, Thanks!

I think there is a short video of the Typhon on 8S on Youtube. I have both, they are pretty much the same, being the Senton has a shorter wheelbase. The Senton should be able to handle it.

I'm plan to try using the following TPpower motors with the Hobbywing Max 6 ESC for 8S options in a couple of 1/8 buggy platform based rigs: TP4050/7D 1700kV, TP4260/3Y 1720kV and TP4070/3Y 1440kV. Some will say I'm using too high a kV for 8S but I'm staying within the specs on the cans and I plan to not wind them out on 8S so they should work ok. They do come vented however so aren't much use in the wet unless you seal them up.
I've heard that some are using the Leopard 4082 and 4092 low kV sealed cans on 8S but they're only rated for 6S, as far as I know, so have not tried this myself.

I think there is a short video of the Typhon on 8S on Youtube. I have both, they are pretty much the same, being the Senton has a shorter wheelbase. The Senton should be able to handle it.
Are you saying that the Senton has a shorter wheelbase than the Typhon or that the Senton is built on the same "short wheelbase" as the Typhon? I believe that they are the same wheelbase and chassis and everything but haven't measured my wheelbases on them to verify.

Same chasis, but the Senton wheelbase is shorter than the Typhon.

Really? I always thought the Senton had a shorter wheelbase. Going to look at them today when i get off work.

Really? I always thought the Senton had a shorter wheelbase. Going to look at them today when i get off work.
I checked mine out after you had me wondering and mine are the same. The Senton and Typhon are the same and the Kraton and Talion are the same. Either way for 8s I would suspect that the diffs would be the weak points.

Yeah. I think the diffs would be the weak point too.

Checked the Arrma site. The Senton's width is narrower than the Typhon. I knew it was something. Same wheelbase though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back