Can someone plz guide me with this. My diff is really sloppy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i highly suggest looking up how to shim diffs, also the diff will act loose when its not secured to chassis

With the diff removed from the housing, do the outdrive cups have the same slop (movement perpendicular to the axis)? If yes, then its either your bearings are gone or something is not right with your diff gears/case.

If not, check if there is play along the input gear, ensure that the outdrive cup is seated firmly against the bearing.

Shim the diff assembly (not gears). There is a post about that somewhere in here

Ok, first remove the back of the diff housing, 4 screws, and remove the entire diff assembly, check for shot bearings
From what I could see. The Axle wobbles in the bearing. Are there shims suppose to go besode the bering ?
With the diff removed from the housing, do the outdrive cups have the same slop (movement perpendicular to the axis)? If yes, then its either your bearings are gone or something is not right with your diff gears/case.

If not, check if there is play along the input gear, ensure that the outdrive cup is seated firmly against the bearing.

Shim the diff assembly (not gears). There is a post about that somewhere in here
Ok I pulled it all apart lastnight. And there are no shimes at all on the bearing side or on top of the 0ring where the cross pin goes so I'm assuming I need a shim kit

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back