Granite Can someone plz help me?i hear grinding when i hit the throttle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mageer/c

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
I just hit a jump and now I hear grinding when i hit the throttle. Can sumone tell me what the grinding is?

I would check your diffs. I hit a jump with my senton mega, and had the slipper too tight which ground down my main input and diff gears. Cracked the diff gear, and split my input gear.

The main thing that usually strips on these are the diff output cups so check those first. Then check your spur gear if it looks ok then pull the spur gear out and check it the top shaft gear. The spur gear and top gear are a all in one assembly.

Diff output seems the most likely. It is usually the weakest link.

Does the truck still accelerate OK? Does it try to turn to one side when you accelerate? Do you still hear grinding if you pick the truck up off the ground and hit the gas? Those answers might help narrow things down.

h

Does the truck still accelerate OK? Does it try to turn to one side when you accelerate? Do you still hear grinding if you pick the truck up off the ground and hit the gas? Those answers might help narrow things down.
Good point. You'd also take notice of whether all 4 wheels are spinning and at the same speed.

Thank u

Yes it drives,but when I go full throttle, I hear the the grinding.I'll check it to see if it goes side to side this afternoon.I do no if I'm holding it and hold 1 tire it grinds just horrible.

No it does not go side to side, it goes straight.when I'm half throttle its fine,when I hammer it down it makes a grinding noise???if I hold 1 wheel,it grinds horrible.how do i no if the diff is bad?I'm new to all this...
Btw its 2 wheel drive granite voltage

At this point I'm assuming that you checked the out drives and there's no visible damage on the exterior.

I'm not an expert on this model in particular but if ifhe grinding happens during full acceleration only, it's likely you damaged either the spur gear or the input/ diff gears. Typically when you land from a jump and you're still at full throttle, the force can be somewhat excessive on the gears. When you damage the gears and they chip or wear away they no longer mesh well with the other gears which can cause the grinding under hard acceleration, but may not be noticeable at slower speeds or acceleration.

You'll have to open up the gear box and take a look. You can get an exploded parts diagram from the arrma website which will show you how to put everything back together.

When you open it up if you see any worn or cracked teeth you'll just need to replace the gear. the fix is easy and cheap it's just identifying specifically which gear may have been damaged. The exploded parts diagram should also give you the appropriate part numbers as well.

At this point I'm assuming that you checked the out drives and there's no visible damage on the exterior.

I'm not an expert on this model in particular but if ifhe grinding happens during full acceleration only, it's likely you damaged either the spur gear or the input/ diff gears. Typically when you land from a jump and you're still at full throttle, the force can be somewhat excessive on the gears. When you damage the gears and they chip or wear away they no longer mesh well with the other gears which can cause the grinding under hard acceleration, but may not be noticeable at slower speeds or acceleration.

You'll have to open up the gear box and take a look. You can get an exploded parts diagram from the arrma website which will show you how to put everything back together.

When you open it up if you see any worn or cracked teeth you'll just need to replace the gear. the fix is easy and cheap it's just identifying specifically which gear may have been damaged. The exploded parts diagram should also give you the appropriate part numbers as well.
Thank u so much.

Horrible grinding when you hold one wheel does sound a lot like the differential. Luckily, you can buy a whole new diff and idler gear for about $10, and a set of outdrives is about $5. Might be best to order both and replace the diff and the out drives.

If you want to upgrade to metal outdrives instead of the plastic ones, there are several options in the big diff outdrive thread.

Horrible grinding when you hold one wheel does sound a lot like the differential. Luckily, you can buy a whole new diff and idler gear for about $10, and a set of outdrives is about $5. Might be best to order both and replace the diff and the out drives.

If you want to upgrade to metal outdrives instead of the plastic ones, there are several options in the big diff outdrive thread.
Thank u

Just an update,Arrma is sending me brand new parts,Shout out to arrma and everyone that gave me advice.thank u guys!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back