Typhon Can someone post quick video of rolling resistance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGHolman

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I feel like my Typhon doesn't roll like it should (the Senton definitely coasts a lot farther). I'm not sure where the resistance is coming from, hopefully just wheel bearings.

Any chance someone could post a quick video of them holding a Typhon, giving it some throttle, and then letting the tires spin until they stop? I just want to see if mine are stopping sooner than others'. It sure feels like they are!

Thanks!

Adam

Rather than wait on a video, start turning screws.

Pull the motor mount / center diff out of the car. (make sure you have heat / soldering iron for the 3 screw on the motor mount). check pinion mesh. There should be a tiny gap in the gears. With the center pod out, lift the car and spin the front and rear diffs. Do they spin free? If not, dig deeper. If everything spins free, then you are good to go.

another question - are your Senton and Typhon both V1 or V2? both stock? different motors or ESC's can make a difference in "coast".

Thanks! The motor mount is stripped since one screw wouldn't come out and I've tried to turn it into a flathead tip with my dremel but I can't get it to work. I did shim both front and rear diffs and the bearings there felt fine, but unless they were stuck I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

The Typhon is a V1 with stock electronics and the Senton has a Mamba Monster 2 with the Castle 2650kv motor.

I'm glad to hear it could be normal difference. Thanks!

The rolling resistance of the motor is extremely variable between different motors. If you are concerned about rolling resistance, the only real way to check this is to take the pinion gear off and check the drivetrain without it being attached to the motor. If it is still hard to roll, then pull out the center drive shafts and figure out which part it is that won't turn smoothly.

The rolling resistance of the motor is extremely variable between different motors. If you are concerned about rolling resistance, the only real way to check this is to take the pinion gear off and check the drivetrain without it being attached to the motor. If it is still hard to roll, then pull out the center drive shafts and figure out which part it is that won't turn smoothly.

That makes sense. I'll check the bearings but maybe it's just normal for the stock V1 motor/ESC combo.

Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back