Big Rock Can the Big Rock handle 6S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rip King MC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
I was thinking about someday getting a BRCC and giving it some 6S electronics, but first, I want to know if the drivetrain can hande the power. Does anyone know?

I have done it.first time with mx28 badlands blew rear diff.to run 6s you must use small tires that spin an gentle on throttle.i mostly ran 6s in big parking lots.

I’d try it for sure, but only with metal input and crown gears.

At park running my senton on 4s right now.they take 4s fine an fast enough

16012368334772265166540882315549.jpg

I was thinking about someday getting a BRCC and giving it some 6S electronics, but first, I want to know if the drivetrain can hande the power. Does anyone know?
Answer is simply NO..a big fat one ..if you upgrade those 2 things to 6s then you better also upgrade everything else.or you'll chew up everything.your diffs will get striped and your slipper clutch assembly will be toast.oh and you'll have a dead rock
Answer is simply NO..a big fat one ..if you upgrade those 2 things to 6s then you better also upgrade everything else.or you'll chew up everything.your diffs will get striped and your slipper clutch assembly will be toast.oh and you'll have a dead rock
Drive train should be upgraded to Handel the crazy 6s power.i can see you going from 3s to 4s but not 6 that's a whole different ball game. Just buy a 6s truck.if not then proceed with your dream and destroy your big rock .

Last edited:
If you are very gentle with your throttle finger, you might be able to keep the diffs or driveshafts or slipper together for a while. But ultimately it's going to reduce service life for all of those components unless you're able to pretty closely replicate 3s amount of power by limiting how far down you pull the trigger. Which sounds like alot of being very careful just to have power that you can't really fully use.

BRCC is great as it is. Just it is not made for 6S. If you are planning to buy, put those dollars towards a real 6S rig that has the chassis and components to handle 6S. On BRCC, you will spend that amount of money vs. starting with a 6S rig to begin with.

Best of luck (y)

Why would someone want to buy a 3s vehicle, which is already fast and the drivetrain is not bulletproof and put a 6s system in it?
This will give you some work.

Stay with 4s, or get an other car.

If you are very gentle with your throttle finger, you might be able to keep the diffs or driveshafts or slipper together for a while. But ultimately it's going to reduce service life for all of those components unless you're able to pretty closely replicate 3s amount of power by limiting how far down you pull the trigger. Which sounds like alot of being very careful just to have power that you can't really fully use.
Again answer is NO lol .you just said it in a nice way . everyone gets trigger happy 😁🤟
Anyone with a 6s will not be gentle on the throttle.lol that's like having a 600hp motor in your car but only do 60 on the highway..if you got the power use it..and fact is as soon as he drops that esc and motor in he will be trigger happy untill his diffs .bearings slipper clutch and center drive axel goes 💥💥💥💥💥💥.and the sweet smell of burned plastic lol kiss your dead rock good bye.sorry to burst your dream .

Last edited:
Again answer is NO lol .you just said it in a nice way . everyone gets trigger happy 😁🤟
I mean, technically OP is free to install whatever electronics desired in their truck.

There are people who are speed running on big rocks or granites and occasionally running 6s power. It might be documented in the forum somewhere, but i'm not sure if they are running upgraded drivetrains. On the stock drivetrain, if you were able to apply smooth, consistent delivery of the 6s power, like on a speed run, you could likely keep the drivetrain alive for a while--just not as long as. But you would need to be considering more frequent diff replacements or upgrades--CNC diffs and steel spur at a minimum. There are some threads out there about this where you could gauge other folks experiences on this.

Not sure what the OP intends to do with 6s on the big rock, so like i said, it CAN be done with a stock truck. Just un-advisable without upgrades :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back