Can the Castle 1717 handle 8S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's funny I've had 1 xlx2 go up in flames and 1 die on the first pack of light use but I've never had a problem with either of the two 2028 motors or the 4 1717 motors I've had. I think I would prefer to have the motor problems tbh. :ROFLMAO:

I can see this is an older thread but I just had a 1717 1650 make it 30 seconds on 6s and was done. Cogging and done. Zero issue with warranty. My local shop will have my new one here tomorrow. Good service but I was expecting a whole lot better out of the motor. On another note..... while it ran for those 30 seconds the power was absolutely wicked! Looking forward to getting the new one.
Ya my first 1717 I ordered from Amain and oddly first pinion change I made noticed the shaft had bent. Sent it to Castle and they literally sent it back with a different replaced bent shaft/used rotor🤦 Sent it back again and they sent a brand new replacement motor finally. Ran it for the whole speed run season and start of the next and didn't have a single issue. I ran it easily 80 to 100 passes on 6s and 8s at over 100mph and 20+ in the 140's and 150's. So hopefully your replacement will be bulletproof like mine and last a long while.

You guys made me curious, so we went to count the breakdown of motors :ROFLMAO:

First of all, I've spent waaaaaay too much money.

TP motors = 18 with 2 extra not being used so 20 total. @dure16 You were extremely close!.

Castle = 6, 2x 2028 1100 kv 4x 1717 1650kv

HobbyWing = 4 with 2x 1650kv, 1x sensored 2250kv and 1x 1100kv

Leopard = 1

TP is king!! :ROFLMAO:
😯 nice collection 👌

I can see this is an older thread but I just had a 1717 1650 make it 30 seconds on 6s and was done. Cogging and done. Zero issue with warranty. My local shop will have my new one here tomorrow. Good service but I was expecting a whole lot better out of the motor. On another note..... while it ran for those 30 seconds the power was absolutely wicked! Looking forward to getting the new one.
I was searching around to see if this runs good on 6s, sounds like it does! MM8S / on-road set up you have?

I want to get the combo soon, at least their warranty is great.

I was searching around to see if this runs good on 6s, sounds like it does! MM8S / on-road set up you have?

Typhon GT with a mmx8s - 1717 combo on 6s :cool: (y)

Well I was keeping the set up quiet....because its in a full mod Sledge. Regardless of what you run the combo is deadly. Im running a 23t pinion with a 52 spur and the temps top out at140 after a good 10 min of absolute abuse. It pulls just over 80mph on pavement and 75 on a grassy field..... and I have to ease it up to speed or it walks on its back tires. The combo completely changed it! Its awesome on 6s.
Ya my first 1717 I ordered from Amain and oddly first pinion change I made noticed the shaft had bent. Sent it to Castle and they literally sent it back with a different replaced bent shaft/used rotor🤦 Sent it back again and they sent a brand new replacement motor finally. Ran it for the whole speed run season and start of the next and didn't have a single issue. I ran it easily 80 to 100 passes on 6s and 8s at over 100mph and 20+ in the 140's and 150's. So hopefully your replacement will be bulletproof like mine and last a long while.
The replacement has been stellar so far !! First sensored motor for me and man are they awesome!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back