Can the Hobbywing Max G2 esc's be manually programmed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Got a new Max10 G2 and the program port doesn't work. I've verified my program card works on 2 older Max esc's I have so it's definitely the port. I tried to program manually using the set button but that's not working either. Just wondering if anyone has been able to program theirs manually.

pretty sure it can't.

No, unfortunately.

1677001658028.png

on the bright side, either programming card will work!

Yes but he's saying it doesn't. I've had a similar issue with my card and a couple of their ESC's. Just doesn't seem to do anything.
yea I'm dumb af and got distracted after I originally read the post. Totally forgot he said he tried the program card :eek: :eek:

yea I'm dumb af and got distracted after I originally read the post. Totally forgot he said he tried the program card :eek: :eek:
Admittedly I plugged mine in, nothing was registering and I just unplugged it and figured welp I guess I'm not changing anything.

Which program card did you guys try? :eek:

Same card I use.

Sucks there is no manual program option. Looks like this esc is heading to the trash, Hobbywing is starting to feel less like an upgrade and more like an expensive gamble. I haven't purchased a ton of stuff from them, but out of a handful of esc's and motors I've purchased they seem to have almost as many problems as stock esc's while costing nearly double what a stock takeoff esc from Jenny's would run.

That's really weird you're both having the same problem. What happens exactly when you plug it in?

Blank screen.

It's works great on my quicruns tho.
Have you tried reversing the cable? I'm sure you probably did but thought I'd ask. Maybe there was some freak accident and they installed it backwards lol.

..and what if the pinout is reversed on the G2 vs the quicruns?
Follow the signs, the black wire is minus.

If you throw them away, I pay for shipping, and you can send them my way. 100% sure they are fine, but definitely worth a $10 gamble.

I had a similar issue . Saw a video of a guy , who when plugged in , it showed the little triangles in the card. IT WOULD NOT READ THE ESC. The guy showed to use the right hole on the card, not the middle hole. Then he , returned it off and on a few times, then it started working.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back