Big Rock Can the nero diffs hold oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
Arrma tried to make the nero diffs hold oil it seems theres an oring around the diff lock holes.. but theres a lot of in and out play inside the diff itself once put togueter. Idk what they were thinking to be honest. The only grease i have is lucas grease to fill them up but thats going to baloon my front tires like crazy. What would the visconsity in CST idk probably 10k? I thought making the center open and use the screw mod for the center diff but at that point why have the diff lock anyway? To lock the rear i guess but why lock the front? Maybe my oring is worn out because i measure 1.0mm instead of 1.2 like on the manual.
3C71E4F3-83D2-4877-850E-2091E495EB2E.jpeg

The holes were for the models with diff brain diff lock system. If not using the diff locker fill the holes with epoxy, gasket maker, or jb weld and use diff oil instead.

I can’t remember shim sizes I used in the past for perfect fitment without play.

Last edited:
The holes were for the models with diff brain diff lock system. If not using the diff locker fill the holes with epoxy, gasket maker, or jb weld and use diff oil instead.

I can’t remember shim sizes I used in the past for perfect fitment without play.
I heard about the screw method

The manual shows that the diff has orings why else would they put orings in the diffs if they can't hold oil?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back