Typhon Can the Typhon 6s use two 3S LiPo batteries?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Thinking about getting the V5 Typhon and was curious if I could use two 3s batteries?
Thanks guys

So in most cases they will not fit under the body without raising the rear body posts and extending the front post as well. Here's a little video I did about how to raise the body up a little to fit dual 3s packs👍

You can but there as reports from some who could get their body to fit with two 3s batteries, check your dimensions first
Good info....thanx....

There are 3s batteries that, when. Doubled up to make 6s, are too large to fit the compartment.....good video from Edough!!!!

Shouldn't be commenting, my only brother in bad car accident, went to work as a nurse today to try to get my mind off things ( he lives over 1000 miles from me....) It works at times, other times not so much.....

Just checked the Arrma Army site ...... You guys ROCK

I'm currently using 2x 3S packs in my Typhon. It is a bit of a squeeze, the plastic upper retainer is pushing the side of the body up about a quarter of an inch but no modifications were needed for fitment. Im using HRB 5000mah 50C packs which seem to be fairly compact compared to another pair of 5000mah 3S packs I had until recently.

Hot racing battery tray makes it able to fit longer 6 hard or 3s soft packs.

Also has adjustable side tabs length and width ways. I never had issues with body fitting

16227564512901399485645698429037.jpg

16227567938098239812247667609095.jpg

About the issue of stacking battery's, Was there any more fixes for this tight body problem? Gonna pull the trigger on the Typhon and would prefer to use the 3s collection I have already. Thanks!!

About the issue of stacking battery's, Was there any more fixes for this tight body problem? Gonna pull the trigger on the Typhon and would prefer to use the 3s collection I have already. Thanks!!
I left a video above about how to raise the body for dual packs. Just need a longer post in front, I used an extra Kraton body post cut flat and drilled a hole in the bottom to attach it to the top plate. Also need to move the rear body mounts up so the bottom hole of the mount gets screwed in the top hole on the tower. Depending what packs you run you may be able to get the body on without doing this mod but body will be super tight and the sides will flex outward.
Another option is to cut the outside of the battery tray off and part of the side guard and lay them side by side but I'd suggest adding a second strap width way to hold them in. As you'll notice the long strap only holds the inner pack so thats why i suggest another strap from the side. Here's some pics of that option, I did this in my stretched Typhon to fit the wider CNHL 6000mAh G+ packs for speed running.
20211229_135041.jpg
20211229_134212.jpg
20211229_134500.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks EDough13, i did watch your Video, How much did u figure it had to be raised? looked to be about a quarter inch. Looks like i may be going this way as well. Thanks!

Thanks EDough13, i did watch your Video, How much did u figure it had to be raised? looked to be about a quarter inch. Looks like i may be going this way as well. Thanks!
No problem man hopefully it helps👍🏼 Raised it right about 1" may be able to do little less like 3/4". Stock Typhon front mount stub is 5/8" and from hole for body pin is 3/8" tall, the Kraton post I cut to 1 1/2" and from hole is 1 1/4" tall. Like I said depends on your packs also the packs I used are hard packs that are ≈37mm tall so total height is about 74mm or 2 7/8".
20211229_140324.jpg

I would HIGHLY recommend that no one EVER ever cut the battery tray. But no, 2 3s 5000 spektrum batteries will not fit. My suggestion? A Delta Plastik body 💕

IMG_20211217_145730002_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211211_235836790.jpg

The one thing that surprised me when I got my Typhon was how little room there was under the body. (I had to constrain the ESC to battery wires so they didn't get caught up on the servo horn It's much happier with a 6S pack. There are ways to get the dual 3S packs in but I'd plan on watching for deals on 6S packs when you buy batteries in the future. Looks like you have other 6S vehicles so that could be used for those also. Good Luck!

Hurricane

Thanks Guys, I know this was asked and explored just hoping there was a new option for battery size. I do like the look of those Delta Plastik body's I'll probably just cave and get some 6s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back