Can these wheels be polished to new looking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jzepp

Reaction score
I bought a set of used HPI racing chrome wheels with Phaltline tires. I cannot find these wheels new anywhere as every website says out of stock or backorder.

They are not in great shape but i got a good deal on them. Does anyone know what I can use to polish these up a bit to make them look somewhat decent and to bring back the shine? A chrome polish perhaps? Any ideas?

1628987684298706496765280705993.jpg

Just be careful not to rub to hard (no dirty thoughts...) you can rub the chrome off if you aren't careful. I wouldn't use anything with any sort of abrasives in it. Maybe a simple shine spray or spray on wax might work. But clean em really good first or you will rub the dirt in creating scratches. Soft clothes are best.

Yes, you can use stuff to makes tires look in better/new condition. Diff fluid is what I use.
I meant the rims, not the tires. I want to bring the shine back out on the chrome. I am not sure if these rims are plastic or metal as i have not seen them yet. Does anyone know? And like i said, can a chrome or metal polish be used on RC wheels just the same as if they were rims on a car?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back