Kraton Can this cut in the tire be fixed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
🤷‍♂️ I couldn’t take pictures, I had penguin hands. Probably just would have glued my phone to my hand anyway. That would have sucked.

That’s what we’re here for!

That's when you must suck up your pride and ask for help from your wife and daughter... They would be Happy to take said photos of you ,in your desperate hour of need... 😉🐧👐

I really like this stuff for not only gluing tires to the rim, but fixing tears and holes. Works very well. Better than regular CA glue I’ve found.

Bob Smith Industries BSI-118 IC-2000 Rubber Toughened CA Glue, 1 oz, Black https://a.co/d/eb5MiZO
That's great, thanks! I'm glad that stuff seems to have earned its good reputation. I bought some of that for when I need it, I forget if I first saw it mentioned here, or on Reddit, but people seemed enthusiastic.

I did see it mentioned that the glue itself is black, which may be a consideration for people with white wheels, etc. But my wheels are black, so I don't care. But if it sticks really well, and is flexible, that sounds perfect. I'm amazed if it can even be used to help repair a rip in a tire! I would not have expected that.

And thank you, 21Stallion, for the tip to keep the CA in the fridge. I can do that. Especially for "specialty" glue like this, where it might just sit around for a long time, that's probably a good idea.

Would I be correct in thinking it's a good idea to bring glue with you, if you're bringing the vehicles somewhere to play? If a tire starts to come off, maybe you can just give it a few minutes for the glue to set up, and then continue?

Worth a shot, I swear by rubberized ca glue now. Lightyears ahead of regular CA and it's only a dollar or two more.

IC-2000 I think it's caller

Remember to keep CA glue in the fridge to keep quality up

I second that suggestion!
I've had problems with superglues going bad for a long while til I read somewhere to keep it in the fridge... Didn't think it would work ,but it turned out correct.

I've been keeping my CA gel in the cold and it's just works when I need it.

I will venture that depending how you drive, it may or may not work. Just try. Use IC-2000 absolutely. You only have one shot at trying. IC-2000 is a rubberized CA. My main Tire CA. The only chance that you can fix that tire damage. Yeah Acetone to clean it well. I also use Simple Green to clean the whole tire. It seems to prep the surface well for most any CA. Track guys use it to glue up their tires.
RC Tires are expensive. I have bricked brand new ones within minutes. It sucks.
Always add some CA to brand new tires out the package before running them.. Many are short with the glue from the factory. And you will see the beads are not glued well, if you tug hard on the bead. Most of the RTR premounted tires are never glued well to begin with.
I always balance and vent my tires also. This will always give them a better chance to last longer.
Good luck.
I second that suggestion!
I've had problems with superglues going bad for a long while til I read somewhere to keep it in the fridge... Didn't think it would work ,but it turned out correct.

I've been keeping my CA gel in the cold and it's just works when I need it.
+1
My CA's are always in the fridge. CA actually has a shelf life. It just gets weak with age and high/normal room temps. I've had brand new sealed CA never used sitting in the room for a year and longer, and it does get weak. The Fridge really keeps it fresh. And it Flows nice too. Just Not in the freezer!:cool:

Last edited:
Always add some CA to brand new tires out the package before running them.. Many are short with the glue form the factory. And you will see the beads are not glued well, if you tug hard on the bead. Most of the RTR premounted tires are never glued well to begin with.
I always balance and vent my tires also. This will always give them a better chance to last longer.
Good luck.

Interesting, thank you. My RTR tires seemed OK to me, I squeezed the tire all the way around the beads, and did not see anything peeling away, or any gaps. So I assumed that was sufficient.

But I could clean the surface, and another another thin layer at the bead, I guess. I have some new Duratrax belted street tires arriving in a few days, I'll have to check those as well. And perhaps also add a layer to those.

I've been successful with some really long tears. Getting a little more use out of the tire. But one wrong hard hit and it will open up. Diffing out will also tear it open again. Give it a try.;) You only have one shot at this. It is hard to keep regluing the same spot. Then it rarely works agin.
Treat it like you are doing surgery in a clean room.:LOL: Take your time. I would address the Bead first then the Tear. Use some tape to keep the tear in place until the CA sets. Some ideas. Been there. We all have.
Definitely use and buy the Large bottle of IC-2000. You will be using it much on Tires.
Again it is Rubberized, so it will flex some and is Gap filling, unlike regular CA. Which sets up brittle and breaks at some point.
:cool:

Last edited:
Use normal tire glue. I did try patching tires with ic2000 worst poop i ever used. I even superglued a piece of bike tubing like a patch into the cut never came undone or anything

Use normal tire glue. I did try patching tires with ic2000 worst poop i ever used. I even superglued a piece of bike tubing like a patch into the cut never came undone or anything
It's worked very well for me. I don't see it being flexible though..hard as a rock after curing just like any other CA glue.

I think BSI IC-2000 has some give as slight as it may be to see. :unsure: I tried accelerator, and find that it becomes more brittle than if left alone to dry. I also have AKA Tire CA. It is best for doing fresh gluing with new wheels and tires. Regular old "Crazy Glue" never worked for me.:giggle: That's the cheap stuff found everywhere. Need a Hobby Grade CA, whatever you get. BSI makes the best IMHO. They have all types of CA.
Not all CA is made equal. The better brands just have better formulas for different materials. It's a chemical.

Last edited:
I think IC-2000 has some give as slight as it may be to see. :unsure: I tried accelerator, and find that it becomes more brittle than if left alone to dry. I also have AKA Tire Gue. It is best for doing fresh gluing with new wheels and tires. Rgeular old "Crazy Glue" never worked for me.
I have IC 2000 best glue ever love it

Anyone ever notice the chemical reaction between paper towels and CA glue? It gets wicked hot!! I found out while wiping up CA glue from my bedspread after I had an accident..🤣🤣
Oh man, I was wearing sweat pants while gluing some wheels and spilled a bunch of the glue on my pants.

They started smoking at the crotch!

There has been a tough pad on that spot ever since

Luckily I can still have children 😂😂😂

+1
My CA's are always in the fridge. CA actually has a shelf life. It just gets weak with age and high/normal room temps. I've had brand new sealed CA never used sitting in the room for a year and longer, and it does get weak. The Fridge really keeps it fresh. And it Flows nice too. Just Not in the freezer!:cool:
Do the same for IC-2000... I have some of it on the bench not the frig?

Oh man, I was wearing sweat pants while gluing some wheels and spilled a bunch of the glue on my pants.

They started smoking at the crotch!

There has been a tough pad on that spot ever since

Luckily I can still have children 😂😂😂
HaHa! Not good!! I just did an experiment at work today with super glue and a paper towel but got no reaction..guess only certain types of CA? IDK but I've burned me fingers before cleaning up CA glue. Even watched smoke come of a paper towel!

HaHa! Not good!! I just did an experiment at work today with super glue and a paper towel but got no reaction..guess only certain types of CA? IDK but I've burned me fingers before cleaning up CA glue. Even watched smoke come of a paper towel!
To be honest I think it was somehow reacting with the polyester or whatever synthetic material the sporty sweat pants are made of

If you spray activator on it, it will smoke, and it does indeed get hot on your skin.

used gorilla glue works really good
I was about ask if anyone has tried the clear gorilla glue on tires?? Seems to work really well for me.

IMG-3377.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back