Kraton Can this cut in the tire be fixed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLikeRCs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Wondering if I can just fix this up with some CA tire glue? Or would the rubber stretching break the bond? If so, is there a better option for fixing this?

20230111_180820.jpg

Bead and sidewall are the hardest abused areas IMO. Sure worth a shot!! Like others have said, clean well and give it a go.
I've experimented with gluing (CA glue)sidewall tears, then applying electrical tape over the area to hold the pieces together until the glue sets up. Seems to work, sometimes the glue holds the tape too well, but whatever. If it gets me more time from an otherwise wasted tire?
I've even used flex seal from a tube that held pretty well. That was just a small slice though..
Nothing to loose.😉

I have repaired tyres that have literally split open like a sardine can that have faired better than factory glued new wheel and tyres. Just clean up the surfaces with some alcohol and go for gold
This!

I have used CA to set the tear and shoe goo over it. I did this to an 8s tire over a year ago, still holding! I did add a dab to the other side of the tire for balancing reasons as well.

I used some simple green to prep the area but I'm sure alcohol or other chemicals will work.

I really like this stuff for not only gluing tires to the rim, but fixing tears and holes. Works very well. Better than regular CA glue I’ve found.

Bob Smith Industries BSI-118 IC-2000 Rubber Toughened CA Glue, 1 oz, Black https://a.co/d/eb5MiZO

0D16309B-0B99-495C-8118-D0E295A4279A.png

I really like this stuff for not only gluing tires to the rim, but fixing tears and holes. Works very well. Better than regular CA glue I’ve found.

Bob Smith Industries BSI-118 IC-2000 Rubber Toughened CA Glue, 1 oz, Black https://a.co/d/eb5MiZO

View attachment 269218
Yep, that's the $hit right there!! I only discovered it recently myself, but it's the bees knees for gluing tires!!👌

Yep, that's the $hit right there!! I only discovered it recently myself, but it's the bees knees for gluing tires!!👌
Great for gluing tires, your fingers together, knife to the floor, rag to my bedspread, you name it!!😆 Seriously, the stuff is awesome 😉😃👍

View attachment 269218
Thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately here in the EU there's no way for me to get that cheaply, so guess I'll just try regular CA glue

Thanks for the recommendation, unfortunately here in the EU there's no way for me to get that cheaply, so guess I'll just try regular CA glue
Amazon? I got the BSI glue off of amazon.
Great for gluing tires, your fingers together, knife to the floor, rag to my bedspread, you name it!!😆 Seriously, the stuff is awesome 😉😃👍
Bedspread!? Uh, nope not asking..😉🤣🤣

That’s a bummer. CA glue will work, just keep an eye on it and reglue as needed. It can get brittle and crack.

I did that last night. Tube of thin, regular ca glue popped out the back all over my right hand, gluing my fingers together. Kinda panicked trying to clean it off so I glued paper towels to all my fingers and got it on my other hand, gluing a few of those fingers together. Then I remembered I had some uncure and, with my penguin like hands, managed to get it open. It took a lot to get most of it off 😑 I really shouldn’t work on my cars after the 2nd beer. I’m a lightweight now that I don’t drink much.

I did that last night. Tube of thin, regular ca glue popped out the back all over my right hand, gluing my fingers together. Kinda panicked trying to clean it off so I glued paper towels to all my fingers and got it on my other hand, gluing a few of those fingers together. Then I remembered I had some uncure and, with my penguin like hands, managed to get it open. It took a lot to get most of it off 😑 I really shouldn’t work on my cars after the 2nd beer. I’m a lightweight now that I don’t drink much.
Some days you guys really help my self esteem! 😆

Photos of said penguin hands would have been a riot!!

Photos of said penguin hands would have been a riot!!
🤷‍♂️ I couldn’t take pictures, I had penguin hands. Probably just would have glued my phone to my hand anyway. That would have sucked.
Some days you guys really help my self esteem! 😆
That’s what we’re here for!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back