Can you guys PLEASE school me on charging lipos/storage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McClain210

Reaction score
Okay guys, I have a spektrum s2200 g2 charger. I just purchased two 7000mah 4s 100c lipos. How many amps should i be charging these at and what battery percentage level should i pull them off at to store them. I cant seem to find out how to set a percentage level for discharge on my spektrum either.

Ideal charge rate is 1c (c = capacity) so 7,000mAh = 7 amps. You won't want to charge them at anything higher than 7 amps. Less is fine. For storage, it's not so much the percentage as the voltage per cell. You'll want ~3.8V per cell for storage. If your charger has a storage function, it should charge/discharge to that automatically.

Ideal charge rate is 1c (c = capacity) so 7,000mAh = 7 amps. You won't want to charge them at anything higher than 7 amps. Less is fine. For storage, it's not so much the percentage as the voltage per cell. You'll want ~3.8V per cell for storage. If your charger has a storage function, it should charge/discharge to that automatically.
Thank you very much for the help! So 7 amps is fine but would i get better battery life if i charged at 5 amps all the time instead?

Thank you very much for the help! So 7 amps is fine but would i get better battery life if i charged at 5 amps all the time instead?

I am speaking for me.... I do low AMP charging as well. So I have 3S 5000mAh, 5500mAh, 8000mAh lipos. I charge them all at 4A. I think slower is better and to "me" seems to fill that battery capacity better....to me it's like getting a Coke and slowly filling it at the refill machine to get more in. If I do it fast all I have is foam and less drink :cool:

How did I come to 4A. It's the fastest setting on my brother's Traxxas EZ charger is 4A and he has the same batteries as me. But I noticed when we bash together he gets longer run times than me on the same 3S Arrma rigs. He has a Traxxas adapter to charge his EC5 batteries on the EZ Charger. I took it to be his slower charging and I am never in a rush to charge that fast at max AMP per battery. Works for me...

My $0.02

Ditto, what battery type do you have?
If you have Spektrum G2 batteries you do not have to worry about anything Charge current is set automatically, discharge happens automatically.

Charging at a lower rate does nothing to your longevity, it literally has no impact unless it's specified by the Vendor. It might make you feel better, but technically no positive or negative impact. Same goes for charging at higher rates, as long as it's specified by the Vendor.

I use ZEEE batteries. I currently have 2 7000mah 4s 100c lipos, ill be getting 2 9000mah 4s 100c lipos in near future also.

You can safely charge at 1C i.e. 7A on one and 9A on the other.
You can always charge at a lower rate but why would anyone want to spend more time charging is beyond my understanding but nothing wrong with it.

Ditto, what battery type do you have?
If you have Spektrum G2 batteries you do not have to worry about anything Charge current is set automatically, discharge happens automatically.

Charging at a lower rate does nothing to your longevity, it literally has no impact unless it's specified by the Vendor. It might make you feel better, but technically no positive or negative impact. Same goes for charging at higher rates, as long as it's specified by the Vendor.

Just as a note, my Spektrum 3S batteries defaulted to 1A when I plugged them in, not 5A (1C). I always thought that strange.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back