Kraton Can you help me diagnose my Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EbbTide

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys, my 3rd outing with the Kraton and something broke. Didn’t jump, crash or bash it. Was doing speed runs and it started making this awful noise and going in and out of drive. I thought it was a pinion slipping or spur blew out but both look good. Thanks for helping a newb! I’m slowly learning fellas. :)

Sounds like Centre Diff to me. Mine makes a similar noise when I manually push it back or forth across my work bench but it isn't noticeable under power like yours

Check the hubs. I remember another poster mention a similar problem. Ended up being the little cross pin broke inside the hub. Power getting there, but axle was just spinning inside the hub.

You may be able to pin point the problem on the bench. Put the car up on a box or something to get the wheels off the ground. Hold one rear wheel and spin the other by hand. This should transfer to the front wheels. Do each rear and then the fronts. They all should feel about the same if everything is good.

Thank you for your guidance on where to start guys. I started at the rear and this is what I found so far. I blew out the rear left bearing. I’m still messing with it, just wanted to update what I found so far. My triage area. :)

Attachments

• 0AD4B9FF-2AB8-41A2-B090-098C2DC39BFA.jpeg
    0AD4B9FF-2AB8-41A2-B090-098C2DC39BFA.jpeg
    206.8 KB · Views: 85
  • C77592A0-A4D2-49A6-84FD-29DB08B7B494.jpeg
    C77592A0-A4D2-49A6-84FD-29DB08B7B494.jpeg
    288.6 KB · Views: 88
  • CB2BC413-1168-41CF-B98C-F506D5995293.jpeg
    CB2BC413-1168-41CF-B98C-F506D5995293.jpeg
    325.3 KB · Views: 81
Bulk head a pinion look ok. How are the teeth on the ring gear? Not sure how long you ran it like that, but might be a little too much wear to just slap a new bearing on.

Bulk head a pinion look ok. How are the teeth on the ring gear? Not sure how long you ran it like that, but might be a little too much wear to just slap a new bearing on.

Ran it less then 50 sec just for the video. When I was doing the speed run I heard it and shut her Down. That’s as far as I got into the tear down. I have a new rear rebuild kit and some fast eddies that I just ordered.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back