Kraton Can you run a clutch withtout the stupid thrust bearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
So after total carnage on my kraton 4s clutch. I can fix the alluminum hubs by drilling a crack out to stop the spread but the thrust bearing of the clutch screw completly exploded no stock for maybe a month can you run the clutch without it i was running with a weird clutch for weeks tho before openning the car up neglected maintenence of the clutch and running with a broken tpwer to tower brace. Did anyone ran a truck without that piece?

I never have and I doubt it's a good idea to run without that bearing. It's going to spin at whatever the difference in RPM is between the front and rear differential inputs is. According to this thread a 2.5x6x3 thrust bearing will fit. Bearings that size should't be too hard to find in a local hobby shop. It seems to be a common size in helicopters. For example, my go to shop has a couple that should work:

https://hobbyhobby.com/product/326291/25x6x3-thrust-bearing-2/
https://hobbyhobby.com/product/365965/25x6x28mm-thrust-bearing-180-cfx/

I never have and I doubt it's a good idea to run without that bearing. It's going to spin at whatever the difference in RPM is between the front and rear differential inputs is. According to this thread a 2.5x6x3 thrust bearing will fit. Bearings that size should't be too hard to find in a local hobby shop. It seems to be a common size in helicopters. For example, my go to shop has a couple that should work:

https://hobbyhobby.com/product/326291/25x6x3-thrust-bearing-2/
https://hobbyhobby.com/product/365965/25x6x28mm-thrust-bearing-180-cfx/
Yeah but need it for tomorrow?. I just finished rebuilding my k4s/typhon 4s my motor is so smashed i had a rock under the motor when i landed a big jump?. Sad that arrma doesn't sell that thing seperatly buying the whole thing because of a thrust bearing... just like buying the whole slipper hubs to use one part out of 4 but pay for the price of all 4

Yeah but need it for tomorrow?. I just finished rebuilding my k4s/typhon 4s my motor is so smashed i had a rock under the motor when i landed a big jump?. Sad that arrma doesn't sell that thing seperatly buying the whole thing because of a thrust bearing... just like buying the whole slipper hubs to use one part out of 4 but pay for the price of all 4
Slipper maintenance kit? ??‍♂️

Slipper maintenance kit? ??‍♂️
Its out of stock everywhere
im getting tired of clutched what a pain in the rear end to work on car is amazing but the clutch i have to tighten it up almost every run or do something to it can i just turn the car on and go until my pakcs are done?
When i could have sold my kraton 4s and get the mojave for the same price?
Kinda sad that the exb almost completly replaced my k4s but hurts to put it to sell it was my first real rc who wasnt a walmart toy

I have a brand new 4s clutch assembly if you’re a serious buyer.

If you did your research on how a slipper clutch works, you would know that a thrust bearing is important and without it, everything would seize.

Seeing as you have 2 spare metal assemblies, either borrow a thrust bearing from one of those assemblies or change it entirely. Simple solution, really.

If you did your research on how a slipper clutch works, you would know that a thrust bearing is important and without it, everything would seize.

Seeing as you have 2 spare metal assemblies, either borrow a thrust bearing from one of those assemblies or change it entirely. Simple solution, really.
The thurst bearing exploded on both assemblies

Its out of stock everywhere
im getting tired of clutched what a pain in the rear end to work on car is amazing but the clutch i have to tighten it up almost every run or do something to it can i just turn the car on and go until my pakcs are done?
When i could have sold my kraton 4s and get the mojave for the same price?
Kinda sad that the exb almost completly replaced my k4s but hurts to put it to sell it was my first real rc who wasnt a walmart toy
I haven't touched the slipper clutch on my Typhon since I put the HR spur on it in January of 2019. But I agree slippers such and we really need a center diff option.

im going to dry lube that thrust bearing next time
I haven't touched the slipper clutch on my Typhon since I put the HR spur on it in January of 2019. But I agree slippers such and we really need a center diff option.
I think they don't want because it will ruin the purpose of the 6s line now that i think about it

im going to dry lube that thrust bearing next time

I think they don't want because it will ruin the purpose of the 6s line now that i think about it
There is literally no space for a center diff so we are just SOL.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back