Can you solder without flux

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spn133

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I'm brought a 30 watt soldering gun from Walmart it came with solder.can I solder fazon tips to my venom battery without flux?

Depends on, a lot of solders have a flux core, meaning the flux is already within the solder tin..you want to check if that's the case.
Completely without flux, no.

Depending on the thickness of the cables, 30W might be a bit underpowered, too ... it's doable but not comfortably so.

Soldering is pretty frustrating if you don't do it right. Not using flux would be a great example of this.

Depends on, a lot of solders have a flux core, meaning the flux is already within the solder tin..you want to check if that's the case.
Completely without flux, no.

Depending on the thickness of the cables, 30W might be a bit underpowered, too ... it's doable but not comfortably so.
Thank u

Use flux. Flux and tin your wires, then flux and tin your bullets. Then insert your wires and apply heat and solder till all is melted together then remove your heat. Do not keep heat applied so long that it overheats your battery or electronics and possibly causes damage. If your wires are too hot to touch at the root, remove heat. Also, a hotter torch makes the job go faster and easier. Great investment here, been using one of these for years. You'll never touch one of those pencil irons again: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KKmoon-936A...189094?hash=item25cb0986a6:g:Z6wAAOSw44BYULyj

Last edited:
Use flux. Flux and tin your wires, then flux and tin your bullets. Then insert your wires and apply heat and solder till all is melted together then remove your heat. Do not keep heat applied so long that it overheats your battery or electronics and possibly causes damage. If your wires are too hot to touch at the root, remove heat. Also, a hotter torch makes the job go faster and easier. Great investment here, been using one of these for years. You'll never touch one of those pencil irons again: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KKmoon-936A...189094?hash=item25cb0986a6:g:Z6wAAOSw44BYULyj

I use a weller 80w iron and solder all the time without flux, mine has plenty of heat and a big chisel tip though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back