Talion Can you start a nitro car without starter box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never liked them or pull start, always had roto start and TRX wand.

Sure you can. Pull-start, rotostart and so on. You could even use a drill, if you somehow manage to connect the drill to the flywheel/driveshaft.
I have a losi 8ight t but my starter box that I got was a dude?now I'm just trying to figure out a way on how to get this thing rolling in order so I can break it in.

I have a losi 8ight t but my starter box that I got was a dude?now I'm just trying to figure out a way on how to get this thing rolling in order so I can break it in.
Anyone else have any suggestions this is the first time that I will be starting it

Oh for breakin..... you need that box. You will have to start it a bunch of times. Pull start is like $10
I have a pull start on my car already I primed the engine and heated it up and put the glow plugs igniter in it still nothing

I have a pull start on my car already I primed the engine and heated it up and put the glow plugs igniter in it still nothing
Do you have experience in running nitro, if not go back to the basics, nitro 101.

You will have to crack the carb slightly. I highly suggest watching lots of videos

If the engine is set up properly, you should be able to prime the fuel, put the igniter on the glow plug and start it with 1 or 2 pulls of a pull start. I always avoided pull start or bump box, use Traxxas EZ starter or roto start. There are adapters out there for most engines to use a roto-start or a fast drill

If the engine is set up properly, you should be able to prime the fuel, put the igniter on the glow plug and start it with 1 or 2 pulls of a pull start. I always avoided pull start or bump box, use Traxxas EZ starter or roto start. There are adapters out there for most engines to use a roto-start or a fast drill
It started on for a little bit when I pre heated the enjoy just under 200 degrees am I on the right track?

Remove plug, turn it over, put in a new glow plug is usually one of my first steps.

True it's yucky outside good thing I'm doing this in my garage/man cave.
Once you get that thing running you're going to die inside of your garage LOL I highly recommend getting something to wrap around that heat sink on the motor to keep the heat in there once she starts running she's going to cool down very quick and make sure that she is spitting tons of raw fuel out of the exhaust the smoke you're the better it may get to a point were you have to keep half throttle or more to barely keep it running that's the perfect spot you will probably need a heat gun as well to keep it up to temp it is definitely not the correct conditions for breaking in a motor if you have a small garden hose I would highly recommend putting that over the exhaust to vent outside
Just curious as to which motor it is you're trying to break in

Once you get that thing running you're going to die inside of your garage LOL I highly recommend getting something to wrap around that heat sink on the motor to keep the heat in there once she starts running she's going to cool down very quick and make sure that she is spitting tons of raw fuel out of the exhaust the smoke you're the better it may get to a point were you have to keep half throttle or more to barely keep it running that's the perfect spot you will probably need a heat gun as well to keep it up to temp it is definitely not the correct conditions for breaking in a motor if you have a small garden hose I would highly recommend putting that over the exhaust to vent outside
Just curious as to which motor it is you're trying to break in
Dynamite .28 engine and I have my garage door open.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back