Outcast Can you straighten the front dog bones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
As subject says, can I straighten a front dogbone and if so, what is the best method? Its bent right in the middle and i'd rather not spend 20 plus dollars to replace it.

As subject says, can I straighten a front dogbone and if so, what is the best method? Its bent right in the middle and i'd rather not spend 20 plus dollars to replace it.
Typically I don't even bother and just replace them with new dogbones.

That said if it's just a minor bent then you can use something like a bench vise to straighten them.

If you got a small torch, some HD gloves, and water.

I usually find if I straighten them out applying heat and immediately putting them in water, they tend to "forget" the bent memory and stay true for a longer time. Get a flashlight, so you lay them down and light up from the other side. Takes some patience and common sense, it can be done.

Last edited:
Well the front dogbone, I have a corner clamp, I put it in there and tried to close the clamp. I ended up bending the clamp piece that you turn to tighten it. I also tried whacking it with a hammer. I bought new front dog bones and put in today along with rpm arms, still working on putting it together, but now I notice the little angel bent the center front dogbone as well. Its the 116mm one. You think I can straighten it or am I buying another one too?

ended up just buying the dogbones, I couldn't straighten the front one and the center front one has no room to turn if its not perfectly straight.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back