Can you turn the lvc off or adjust it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duggin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I’ve installed a low voltage alarm and wondering if I can turn factory lvc off or adjust it down? I’d prefer down vs off in case I forget to plug in the alarm or something fails to work as advertised

What rig are you running? Yes LVC is adjustable. Usually low/med/high on Spektrum ESC’s. What those parameters are I don’t know.
I rely on the lipo alarm myself, attached to the chassis, two sided tape styles. I’ve shut the alarm off because it beeps sometimes under high throttle loads. I check semi-regularly in a drive by.......around 3.6V/ cell I call it quits.

What rig are you running? Yes LVC is adjustable. Usually low/med/high on Spektrum ESC’s. What those parameters are I don’t know.
I rely on the lipo alarm myself, attached to the chassis, two sided tape styles. I’ve shut the alarm off because it beeps sometimes under high throttle loads. I check semi-regularly in a drive by.......around 3.6V/ cell I call it quits.
I’m running the stock Blx185 in a 6s Kraton

I’ve installed a low voltage alarm and wondering if I can turn factory lvc off or adjust it down? I’d prefer down vs off in case I forget to plug in the alarm or something fails to work as advertised
Depends on the ESC. The BLX ESC don’t have any LVC adjustments other than the BLX100 you can turn it off. Otherwise no. Spektrums have more adjustments.

Depends on the ESC. The BLX ESC don’t have any LVC adjustments other than the BLX100 you can turn it off. Otherwise no. Spektrums have more adjustments.
What happens if I set the lvc to NIMH? Would that trick it?

I defer to @jondilly1974 here, he’s correct, I just looked at the manual. Run your lipo alarm then, in my humblest of opinions.

cheers,
kev

What happens if I set the lvc to NIMH? Would that trick it?

I wouldn’t advise that,
I hate to sound out of place but, you do know you aren’t supposed to run lipos down too low yes? Apologies in advance if I misinterpretted your question.

I wouldn’t advise that,
I hate to sound out of place but, you do know you aren’t supposed to run lipos down too low yes? Apologies in advance if I misinterpretted your question.
Yes I’m aware not to run them too low.
The reason I asked is with the alarm set at 3.6v sometimes the alarm sounds before lvc kicks in on some packs and on others the lvc kicks in before the alarm.
Does anyone know what the lvc is set at on the Blx185?

My alarm goes off early too. I shut it off do to annoyance, but I do drive bys to check it.

Yes I’m aware not to run them too low.
The reason I asked is with the alarm set at 3.6v sometimes the alarm sounds before lvc kicks in on some packs and on others the lvc kicks in before the alarm.
Does anyone know what the lvc is set at on the Blx185?
I believe it’s 3.6 but I just run until it kicks in. I don’t over analyze these types of things. Never had any issues other than SMC lipos can’t be driven like this. All my other packs have been perfectly fine.

The BLX LVC is a pure damage avoidance to the ESC, not the lipo.
For 6S it's at 20.4V, 4S (13.6V) or approx. 3.4V per cell. Setting your alarm to 3.6V is the right thing to do. As a guide, you want the battery to recover to ~ 3.6V after a couple minutes. Note that you only gain ~ 30s-1min of drive time if you set it to 3.4V or lower. Voltage drop-off is exponential at that point.

But what are you supposed to do if the ESC is telling you that lvc kicks in when the batteries are fresh?

This happens all the time on my fraction V2 with fully charged batteries within the first couple of minutes or less. Blinks red, single pulse and the manual says LVC....how the hell can that be?!

Super annoying. Its ruined the past 2 times I've tried to run it. Turn it off and back on, makes the standard noise upon start up but sounds funny and then runs again for a short time and LVC kicks in again. Battekes are not dead or evwn close to it. Fairly new batteires as well.

Help pls...

But what are you supposed to do if the ESC is telling you that lvc kicks in when the batteries are fresh?

This happens all the time on my fraction V2 with fully charged batteries within the first couple of minutes or less. Blinks red, single pulse and the manual says LVC....how the hell can that be?!

Super annoying. Its ruined the past 2 times I've tried to run it. Turn it off and back on, makes the standard noise upon start up but sounds funny and then runs again for a short time and LVC kicks in again. Battekes are not dead or evwn close to it. Fairly new batteires as well.

Help pls...
Take a picture of your battery and send it here.

Take a picture of your battery and send it here.
You got it. It's not thermal cut since I don't get the flashes per the manual with the green lights.

20200926_113419.jpg

You got it. It's not thermal cut since I don't get the flashes per the manual with the green lights.

View attachment 101752
Damn. Couldn’t tell you anything that you’d need to look out for with those. Ive used traxxas 25C lipos and they’re fine on my Senton 6s geared for 85 with low voltage sag, but I’ve had Floureon 70C lipos that would sag so bad under load they’d trigger LVC in that same truck. Your batteries might be under qualified and sagging so low that the esc thinks they’re used up.

Damn. Couldn’t tell you anything that you’d need to look out for with those. Ive used traxxas 25C lipos and they’re fine on my Senton 6s geared for 85 with low voltage sag, but I’ve had Floureon 70C lipos that would sag so bad under load they’d trigger LVC in that same truck. Your batteries might be under qualified and sagging so low that the esc thinks they’re used up.
I'm new here as well so hello and thank you for responding.

Funny you just mentioned the battieres as I have a 2 100 c-rated 8000mah batteries on the way for the V2. Maybe ill see a difference?

These ovonic batteries werent very expensive to be honest. I think I got both of them together for under 80...not the most expensive for sure.

Would adding more capacitors help this issue? 4 came with the Spektrum ESC and I could solder another four pack or even two four packs on it if that'll help? I have it all apart since I'm getting rid of these sad little fans.

16011349421044166086738118945037.jpg

I'm new here as well so hello and thank you for responding.

Funny you just mentioned the battieres as I have a 2 100 c-rated 8000mah batteries on the way for the V2. Maybe ill see a difference?

These ovonic batteries werent very expensive to be honest. I think I got both of them together for under 80...not the most expensive for sure.

Would adding more capacitors help this issue? 4 came with the Spektrum ESC and I could solder another four pack or even two four packs on it if that'll help? I have it all apart since I'm getting rid of these sad little fans.

View attachment 101753
Nah man more caps won’t help out. At the end of the day they’re designed for more ripple voltage filtration than actual capacity to compensate for battery voltage sag. Chances are you’ll lose this problem with those 100C batteries. If not, you might have another issue. Welcome by the way!

Nah man more caps won’t help out. At the end of the day they’re designed for more ripple voltage filtration than actual capacity to compensate for battery voltage sag. Chances are you’ll lose this problem with those 100C batteries. If not, you might have another issue. Welcome by the way!
I'll try and report back once I get the new batteries. Oh yea, this is the fan I'm using for the motor and going to get another deep fan for the esc. I can modify a 40mm fan to work with the 35mm holes i think. Such a silly size they used. Gave us barely any good upgrade options at 35mm.

Now that's a fan upgrade ??

16011355685378548836938231127724.jpg

16011355828809144940996596690070.jpg

16011355936011098182787209910562.jpg

16011356043401102016974757933368.jpg

I'll try and report back once I get the new batteries. Oh yea, this is the fan I'm using for the motor and going to get another deep fan for the esc. I can modify a 40mm fan to work with the 35mm holes i think. Such a silly size they used. Gave us barely any good upgrade options at 35mm.

Now that's a fan upgrade ??

View attachment 101755

View attachment 101756

View attachment 101757

View attachment 101759
You’re not hitting LVC, you’re amp limiting. Basically when your ESC needs more power than your lipos can provide, the voltage sags down. When that happens it trips the LVC. Your lipos will then rebound back to above LVC after the load is gone. Bigger and better lipos will fix this for ya. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back