Canada Customs can suck my balls!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
I'm getting burned by Canada Customs again, with an order from Amain. It's not bad enough that our currency is like Monopoly money to the rest of the world, and I've been paying 36% on the exchange, but when Canada Customs charges me a hefty duty/tax on some parts for my toy truck, it makes it not worth the effort to purchase from the U.S any more. The math is like this: part that costs $100 US, I pay 36% on the exchange, plus 13% tax on the total. Total is almost $154! Too bad, because the American online retailers are so much better stocked with Arrma parts and upgrades, and just about everything else rc for that matter. There are Canadian online retailers, but almost every time I do the math on a given part, it's still cheaper from the U.S, even with the exchange and shipping! Funny thing is, never get customs charges on packages from JRC. Amazon Canada is hit and miss for parts (tons of GPM, uh uh), and Ebay usually carries way higher shipping costs. Sorry my American amigos, but it looks like I'm going to have start shopping north of the 49th, and pay that dam 13% gst/hst/LMNOP or whatever the f it is tax, our government keeps swindling out of us. Too bad, cause I really, really like shopping at Amain. Sorry for the rant, but needed to exhaust the steam building up in my head, when I got the latest Customs notice.

Come on down to Texas. 8.25% sales tax, no income tax. But they rape you if you own a house.

Having a cold spell this weekend, the Houston news crews are losing their minds. It might hit 35f at my house.

Come on down to Texas. 8.25% sales tax, no income tax. But they rape you if you own a house.

Having a cold spell this weekend, the Houston news crews are losing their minds. It might hit 35f at my house.
I heard that there's snow forecast in California!

HAHA and we are having an awesome winter here in Minnesota. We have high temperatures above 0°F so I'm not complaining. LOL

I could use more snow. Not much to do outside without it. I think we're close to a record for first sub zero temp (yet to happen this season). Supposedly though, February might be a bit more rough Snow/ temp wise.

been cold here also the past couple of weeks; single digits again this morning. snow coming this weekend :rolleyes:

forcast.JPG

Rain today and Saturday turning to snow into Sunday.... possible ice.... I can take snow and cold... but ice is real dangerous to travel on.

Global warming is causing the South to quickly catch up to the north with regards to temps, but your still balmy in comparison. Temps are in Fahrenheit
1547746218324.png

I have ordered a lot of stuff from the states in the last year and I think its only places based in California that slap on the ridiculous customs fees. If I order from other places I don't pay customs but always do when shopping at A-Main or other california based shops

The thing about A-main is that shipping is cheap and somewhat fast so it helps offset the fees a lil bit. I usually only shop there if I need something fast and its not available in Canada

I'm getting burned by Canada Customs again, with an order from Amain. It's not bad enough that our currency is like Monopoly money to the rest of the world, and I've been paying 36% on the exchange, but when Canada Customs charges me a hefty duty/tax on some parts for my toy truck, it makes it not worth the effort to purchase from the U.S any more. The math is like this: part that costs $100 US, I pay 36% on the exchange, plus 13% tax on the total. Total is almost $154! Too bad, because the American online retailers are so much better stocked with Arrma parts and upgrades, and just about everything else rc for that matter. There are Canadian online retailers, but almost every time I do the math on a given part, it's still cheaper from the U.S, even with the exchange and shipping! Funny thing is, never get customs charges on packages from JRC. Amazon Canada is hit and miss for parts (tons of GPM, uh uh), and Ebay usually carries way higher shipping costs. Sorry my American amigos, but it looks like I'm going to have start shopping north of the 49th, and pay that dam 13% gst/hst/LMNOP or whatever the f it is tax, our government keeps swindling out of us. Too bad, cause I really, really like shopping at Amain. Sorry for the rant, but needed to exhaust the steam building up in my head, when I got the latest Customs notice.
I’ve only been hit once but customs and that was because it was a big purchase. I now place single orders at a time from amain there shipping is really cheap

I have ordered a lot of stuff from the states in the last year and I think its only places based in California that slap on the ridiculous customs fees. If I order from other places I don't pay customs but always do when shopping at A-Main or other california based shops

The thing about A-main is that shipping is cheap and somewhat fast so it helps offset the fees a lil bit. I usually only shop there if I need something fast and its not available in Canada
I here you Dusty, but I ran some numbers quick, and buying from Hobby Hobby online, pick up in store, was $24 cheaper on my order from Amain. Even if I had it shipped, still would have save me $15. F Customs Canada

I’ve only been hit once but customs and that was because it was a big purchase. I now place single orders at a time from amain there shipping is really cheap
Depends on what you buy. Small items are $1.99, but anything out of the ordinary raises the shipping costs. Either way, can't afford to keep taking the hit with customs. Maybe it just is California, like @-Dusty- said

You could check rcplanet.com to see what they could do for you. They have a couple locations in the states to expedite shipping speeds, but I don't think either are near the coasts.

Have you tried rcmart? hong kong based will do conversions in hkd or usd. no customs charge here due to a few tweeks

Kansas is about that same

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back