Cannot change motor direction on firma 130 amp ESC.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I went through the menu options and when I got down to motor direction it did not allow me to change. There was only the one bed which is counter clockwise I believe. I know I can switch the two wires but when I do it cogs so I don’t really want to keep it like that. Is there something I’m doing wrong

Whats the problem!?
Its factory set to ccw (counter clockwise) and u can change it to variable 2.. Which is cw (clockwise), program item #11 is what your looking for!?

Last edited:
Whats the problem!?
Its factory set to ccw (counter clockwise) and u can change it to variable 2.. Which is cw (clockwise), program item #11 is what your looking for!?
The problem is I’m not able to change the motor direction, it’s going reverse when it should be going forward. When I switch the two wires it cogs so I just need to get the motor going the right direction

Flip the throttle reverse switch on your transmitter.

For what it's worth, most of my Spektrum stuff cogs a lot more than my Castle and unsensored Hobbywing stuff. It's normal for unsensored motors to cog a bit at low RPM, especially higher KV motors. Higher gearing will usually exaggerate it even more. Worn\cheap\factory bearings or any binding anywhere in the driveline can also exaggerate it by causing increased load, so those things are worth checking as well.

You might not notice it or experience it when the motor is spinning in "reverse" (or in other words, spinning in the direction with 50%+ reduced power output), which might be why you didn't see it before you flipped the wires. If it's only happening at low RPM or when you first ease into the throttle, isn't causing performance issues, and you aren't needing precise low-RPM control like you'd need with a crawler, I wouldn't fret too much about it. I don't really think it's a "problem" with Spektrum, it's just more apparent with them than it is with some of their competition, at least in my personal experience.

Flip the throttle reverse switch on your transmitter.
I did that and it went forward the same speed as reverse and when I hit reverse it would hit 50 miles an hour. Lol
So after an hour of messing around I finally figured it out. Apparently the manual that was included in the packaging is outdated and with some type of an update instead of being under menu option 10 it is now under 11 and I was able to reverse the motor.

I did that and it went forward the same speed as reverse and when I hit reverse it would hit 50 miles an hour. Lol
So after an hour of messing around I finally figured it out. Apparently the manual that was included in the packaging is outdated and with some type of an update instead of being under menu option 10 it is now under 11 and I was able to reverse the motor.
Motor rotation was under Option 11 on the Firma 130A ESC I bought as a take-off on Ebay.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back