Infraction Cannot take off this part!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSDmodify

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hi everyone ,

So I am having a difficult time taking off a part. Long story short, I cracked the rear diff housing on the infraction so I ordered a new one but I cannot pull this cup shaft off to put it in my new housing. I have already opened up the set screw btw and it seems so locked on. Tried pliers already.

The pic of the cup is attached .why do they make it so tight

Attachments

• 15826991485318683294230938815557.jpg
    15826991485318683294230938815557.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 74
It isn’t pressed on that tight, it’s threadlocked on. You will need a small torch, usually butane or soldering iron that reaches at least 750 degrees of heat the outdrive up which then heats the threadlock enough to remove it.

It isn’t pressed on that tight, it’s threadlocked on. You will need a small torch, usually butane or soldering iron that reaches at least 750 degrees of heat the outdrive up which then heats the threadlock enough to remove it.

I have already removed the set screw , so are you saying they put so much loctight that the cup is practically glued onto the shaft ?

Hold the cup carefully in a vise and tap the gear shaft lightly with a punch. it will come right out.

Hi

So I used a Allen hex the size of the shaft inside the cup instead of a punch because I don't have one, and put it on the ground where it would be able to be pushed out and used a hammer to hit it many times and fairly hard but it isn't bulging. What could be going on
Just for clarification , I am hitting the shaft with a punch from the cup side and not the gear side right ?

Hi

So I used a Allen hex the size of the shaft inside the cup instead of a punch because I don't have one, and put it on the ground where it would be able to be pushed out and used a hammer to hit it many times and fairly hard but it isn't bulging. What could be going on
Just for clarification , I am hitting the shaft with a punch from the cup side and not the gear side right ?
Correct
Maybe add some heat

Apply low amount of heat to the coupler and pry it off using two screwdrivers placed at 180 degrees apart.

Using heat is exactly what I had to do when changing bearings out in that same area for both front and rear. I used a soldering iron but the heat that needs to be applied will seem like a lot, it's needed to break down that Threadlock though.

take a large "-" screw driver put between the diffcase and the metal cap, hammer it in gently.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back