Can't believe it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been on both sides of this. I’m one of the most respectful people you can meet and I try my best not to ding doors and I actively choose not to
near someone if I can tell they are trying to stay away from other cars.

For example, you pull into the lot and see a nice ride by itself and you can tell the lot has most likely filled up since they got there and cars are getting close. I will choose to park a few spaces away even if it means a little more walking for me. I will also, in the same scenario, depending on how full the lot is getting, will choose to park next to that car because I KNOW I won’t ding. I figure I’m doing them a favor by filling the spot with someone who gives a rip ya know?

However, I have also been the guy that pulls riiiiiiiight up to the driver door to the point the mirrors almost touch on my passenger side. This happened one time and I feel I had every right because the person was a complete d-bag. Here is why I feel I was justified. I’m rushing to the ER because my father in law had a heart attack so I was hauling butt to get there, I pull in the PACKED parking garage and I see a ‘Vette that has taken 2 friggin spots RIGHT NEXT to the stairs with his passenger door facing a wall. Just because I was in a hurry, freaking out, and it’s an ER parking garage (where people have emergencies) and not a Walmart parking lot I decided to take my beater (I was driving my beater car) that I didn’t care about and park it right next to him. So close that the only way he could get in was to crawl through the passenger side. My passenger mirror and his driver mirror were less than 1/8” apart. I still don’t know how he backed out without hitting me....but hey, I would t have cared if he did.

Wow, damn. i feel bad now.

I’m not from the US, but i lived in the US for 3 years. Where i’m coming from we don't have big parking spaces, and any space we have is always full, so never before coming to the US i saw a 2000 parking space with 10 cars in it.

So in the US, always when i went to park on a hugely empty parking space, i would… park next to another car! never thinking it could feel inconsiderate to other drivers, but from consideration to the … parking space. If feels weird to me seeing a huge empty space with cars dotted around, for me it feels better to have the cars packed together, like defragemented hard drive, or a tetris game… i don't know, it’s weird.

I would never park “close” to other cars, like between 2 cars who park out of center. i’m also OCD about dings, but if it felt to me that there’s enough space between cars, i would park there.

Again, i’m so sorry in retroactive :(

The large parking lots are nice for having space to drive an Infraction. I found one at the university near my home that is very large but empty during summer and off time for school. This is why I've decided an Infraction should be my next model. lol

My ex-wife and her parents were in a bowling league years ago. Now in my younger days, I could be a bit of a hot head (part of the reason she's my ex, but certainly not all of it)

On one particular league night I drove all of us in our Ford Explorer. When I got to the bowling alley I parked in one of the spots available nicely centered in between the boundaries of my parking real estate.

When we came out, another Ford Explorer was parked next to me on my drivers side. He was so close, our mirrors touched if my door was open a few inches. I did what any borderline anger management person that's had a few beers would do. I calmly closed my door, grabbed their mirror, ripped it off the door, set it on his windshield, got in my car and drove home. I gave it everything I had, but was actually surprised it came off so easily. Her parents laughed historically (they were a little rough around the edges). The ex did not see the humor in the situation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back