Kraton Can't belive i just did that...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat_ranch

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Notorious
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I sold it. I can't believe I sold it.

I sold my 4s kraton. My first arrma.

Sold it to a really good kid I met through the local rc Facebook group. I miss it already. It was my first favorite, and my most fun rig. Lately I've been sending it too big and breaking stuff. Been doing double backflips off of rocks & parking barricades, and huge sends into rough terrain. It's been eating rear diffs like a first gen exb thanks to all my abuse, too. Hopefully the kid who has it now will be nicer to it than I was. It'll still be around if i need to see it again, so I'm not abandoning it to a total stranger. But I'll miss it. 😢

Maybe I'll go huck some big backs with the notorious now to take my mind off it... ya know, finish off the cracked M2C tower...

((I've already started building a 4s outcast from spare parts. And I'm pretty sure I have enough to finish it))

What's next?

There's a local 6s typhon that I might be able to pick up for a good price. A friend just gave me a super sweet Porsche gt body. That'd play nicely together.

Been seriously craving a mo-jave, too.

I'm kinda bummed about arrma tossing yet another 8s out there. Im just not into the big scale rigs. They're too "fruh-JEE-lay" for the likes of me. I wish they'd release some new 4s love already! Or an exb typhon. Or more talions! Or even a drag beast!

But I digress.

Been there 🤷. Yesterday I sold the first rc I owned. Nice guy, met at my bashing spot which is very rare. I’m always alone there. He’s a Traxxas junkie. I’m running the MEXB and he’s running a 2wd slash. Told him I had a 2wd slash I’d sell ( got it from a neighbor free. Wasn’t running. I got it running great.) Well as I was getting ready to go meet him I thought I’d go ahead and bring my very first purchase (about 8 years ago) with me. A 2 wd stampede I didn’t take it out that often, but when I did it was really fun. Anyway he gave me $225 for both. Not bad considering one was free and the other was about $125. But I’ll always remember my first.

Man that's definitely something I don't think I could do so hats off to ya. I totally feel the same way I'm tired of seeing the new 1/5 rigs and EXB this and EXB that with still no new 4s rigs in well over a year. Not to mention from a business standpoint Arrma is absolutely blowing it IMO. It's hard enough to afford a new 6s rig let alone a new 1/5 rig but a new 4s rig is definitely affordable for 100x more people. Not to mention like you said the 1/5 rigs are a balancing act and require IMO a lot of upgrades to be solid like even a 6s rig without breaking every single run with lighter bashing even. And not to mention Arrma quoted 4s rigs would be out spring 2021 here we are what a couple weeks from summer and still absolutely no sign of the 4s line or if they will even continue the Talion or Outcast 6s rigs.

I sold it. I can't believe I sold it.

I sold my 4s kraton. My first arrma.

Sold it to a really good kid I met through the local rc Facebook group. I miss it already. It was my first favorite, and my most fun rig. Lately I've been sending it too big and breaking stuff. Been doing double backflips off of rocks & parking barricades, and huge sends into rough terrain. It's been eating rear diffs like a first gen exb thanks to all my abuse, too. Hopefully the kid who has it now will be nicer to it than I was. It'll still be around if i need to see it again, so I'm not abandoning it to a total stranger. But I'll miss it. 😢

Maybe I'll go huck some big backs with the notorious now to take my mind off it... ya know, finish off the cracked M2C tower...

((I've already started building a 4s outcast from spare parts. And I'm pretty sure I have enough to finish it))

What's next?

There's a local 6s typhon that I might be able to pick up for a good price. A friend just gave me a super sweet Porsche gt body. That'd play nicely together.

Been seriously craving a mo-jave, too.

I'm kinda bummed about arrma tossing yet another 8s out there. Im just not into the big scale rigs. They're too "fruh-JEE-lay" for the likes of me. I wish they'd release some new 4s love already! Or an exb typhon. Or more talions! Or even a drag beast!

But I digress.
That's what I am saying last rig I got was the 8s exb and refuse to by another until the 4s line drops. I been waiting soo long for then.

I kind of miss my K4S too. Sold it here and ended up buying the EXBroken 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️
The ex-broken is the natural next step from the k4s, and you can definitely do bigger things with it, but those little 4s buggers worm their way into your heart. 1/10 scale is more fun in the back yard than 1/8. Right now the 4s Senton gets the most driving time, and the 6s typhon I picked up today will undoubtedly get some serious play while I figure out what color to paint the Porsche body. I'll try to resist truggifying it...
The 4s outcast build has to happen soon, though. And if anyone wants to give me a screamin deal on a granite, I'd be all over that, too. Flippy 1/10 scale rigs are too fun.

Are ya listening Arrma? Don't make me buy a tekno!

The ex-broken is the natural next step from the k4s, and you can definitely do bigger things with it, but those little 4s buggers worm their way into your heart. 1/10 scale is more fun in the back yard than 1/8. Right now the 4s Senton gets the most driving time, and the 6s typhon I picked up today will undoubtedly get some serious play while I figure out what color to paint the Porsche body. I'll try to resist truggifying it...
The 4s outcast build has to happen soon, though. And if anyone wants to give me a screamin deal on a granite, I'd be all over that, too. Flippy 1/10 scale rigs are too fun.

Are ya listening Arrma? Don't make me buy a tekno!
I bought a ProMT 4x4 as a Granite stand in. It’s built better, but still breaks. Parts are harder to find than Arrma, but are still out there.

You’ll love the Typhon. It’s my favorite by far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back