Cant buy a sensorless castle motor anymore?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Specifically targeted at castle’s 8th scale motors, I went to buy a 1515 today and realized.. well... I can’t.. lol. I mean, they’re all from china. Aren’t those knock-offs?
The reason it’s frustrating to me is the fact that the sensored motors aren’t as waterproof as the sensorless ones.. right?
Was always a buyer from castle... I still purchase their awesome esc’s. Pretty bummed about the motors. Hobbystar motor number 2, here I come. (First one isn’t broken I’m just wanting another)

I’ve run a bunch of Castle sensored motors and never had an issue with water.

Oh? Maybe it’s in their new design thing with the sensors being advanced.. that gives me a lot of hope. Never really needed the sensored feature myself, I just point and shoot, actually I don’t even own a sensored esc, I was just bummed I’d have the drawbacks of a sensored motor with no beneficial performance, HOWEVER now that you say that then maybe that’s not the case! (y)

When I asked Castle about the sensored and sensorless modes they told me that the sensored motor and esc (assuming you have a waterproof esc) are waterproof as long as you do not connect the sensor wire and you run it in sensorless mode. When you connect the sensor wire and run it in sensored mode, it is no longer waterproof. It has to do with the sensor boards and they are only affected when the system is using them and it gets wet.

I'm guessing that is why their whole lineup of motors went to sensored as they can be ran as sensorless and be waterproof or they can be ran as sensored for more control at the expense of losing waterproof.

When I asked Castle about the sensored and sensorless modes they told me that the sensored motor and esc (assuming you have a waterproof esc) are waterproof as long as you do not connect the sensor wire and you run it in sensorless mode. When you connect the sensor wire and run it in sensored mode, it is no longer waterproof. It has to do with the sensor boards and they are only affected when the system is using them and it gets wet.

I'm guessing that is why their whole lineup of motors went to sensored as they can be ran as sensorless and be waterproof or they can be ran as sensored for more control at the expense of losing waterproof.
Ohhh! It all makes sense now. So the stuff that’s not waterproof isn’t used while in sensorless mode, therefore can’t short out as no power is going through it- making it fine with water. That’s good news. Good find!

I never knew any of this and have always run my Castle motors sensored. I guess I got lucky! Not that I drive them through rivers, but it’s certainly gotten wet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back