Can't decide which arrma rc to get, the Nero w/brain,outcast or kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy673

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I don't know which arrma rc to get , I own the revo 6s but I need an arrma! I like the kraton and the outcast . Both really nice
Then I saw the Nero with different brain. Sick! Kinda like my revo but better. But how is that going to work with the discontinuation .parts etc.and the kraton I have looked at has the castle mamba monster 2200kv and a ton of other stuff. Also nice. Then there's the outcast. This looks like they read my mind when they built it. Help!

From what I've read, the nero is a nightmare to work on and it seems to suffer from similar suspension issues as a revo. Thinks like bent push rods, snapped rod ends, snapped shock ends, etc.

Personally, for bashing, I'd go with the outcast. Not as long as the kraton or talion, so the chassis is a little more congested, but for me, I prefer shorter trucks for how they handle as a basher.

I have 3 revo's (2 nitro, 1 brushless) and I really wish they would come out with heavier rod ends/shock ends as I get very tired of replacing rod ends every other bash.

The Outcast is a beast for bashing. One thing I HIGHLY recommend if you get one, take the wing off. Every time I took it out for an ass beating I would snap the wing mount. After the third time breaking it, I didn't want the aluminum version, I realized the wing was the leverage that was twisting the mount till it snapped. I've since purchased the T-Bone racing wing mount and wheelie bar and removed the wing and it hasn't broke since. Bash after bash she loves it. I'm always in the woods with it. Plus, T-Bone has a lifetime guarantee on their parts.

15225051544326653175649794155904.jpg

I have Nero and Kraton...both great trucks. Nero is not hard to work on and is much more durable than ppl say (2 yrs only replaced rod ends, grub screws on shafts, shock rod). I have non diff brain filled with diff oil 50k/500k/30k...ppl damage drivetrain when changing diff settings while moving. Nonetheless between 2 I pick Nero...handles and jumps better...more aftermarket parts. Never drove outcast but looks fun if you plan on jumping and doing endless wheelies.

I have Nero and Kraton...both great trucks. Nero is not hard to work on and is much more durable than ppl say (2 yrs only replaced rod ends, grub screws on shafts, shock rod). I have non diff brain filled with diff oil 50k/500k/30k...ppl damage drivetrain when changing diff settings while moving. Nonetheless between 2 I pick Nero...handles and jumps better...more aftermarket parts. Never drove outcast but looks fun if you plan on jumping and doing endless wheelies.
Really the Nero you like better out of the two. I appreciate that. I wanted to get one but I had read so much negative things but it really appealed to me. Now I have to rethink everything. Thanks. Lol. I don't know what to do now.

Thanks for the advice . Is that a single wheelie bar and if so why does it have 2 sets of wheels. I like it. What make is it and how much was it if you don't mind me asking.

That's the stock wheelie bar as well as the T-Bone racing wheelie bar below it.

Thanks for the advice . Is that a single wheelie bar and if so why does it have 2 sets of wheels. I like it. What make is it and how much was it if you don't mind me asking.

I bought their HD wing mount and wheelie bar for $60-$70. They have a lifetime warranty too. Snap a photo of the broken part and they send you a new one. It's a great deal for the price I think. Better than buying a wing mount every time you use it. Haha

For general bashing I like the Kraton...however I really appreciate the enginnering of the Nero...red aluminum drive shafts, shock setup, roll cage, pivot ball carrier arms (which is really cool on your rear wheels...looks like their turning). The nero is heavier than the kraton which is why ppl break parts and not adjusting the droop settings (puts too much pressure on rod ends...which is why they break.) Honestly the nero looks like it should cost twice as much.

Nero is a great truck. I have a Big Rock and love it, but I am surprised no one has mentioned that it's not available in the US any more. I don't want to send this thread off on a tangent so if you wa, search the forum or Google for Traxxas v Hobbico lawsuit. If you can find one for sale and like to work on your RC's I would for sure recommend it. Yes it will require you do some work on it if you drive it hard, that's part of the hobby and also because of how much power they put in it. It's a heavy truck with a LOT of power. So yea it's easy to break things on it if you run it hard, personally I thinks that what makes RC's so much fun though. Bash it hard, break something, fix it, and BASH IT HARD AGAIN!!!!!!

Conceptually the nero has addressed all the drawbacks of kraton racing buggy setup ..bending dogbones , shocktowers etc...

The 6s Nero is a full out beast! I bought one at the end of last year as I liked the look of it and the diff brain concept interested me, also heard good things about the durability. It didn't disappoint! I have ran it hard around 35 -40 times in all terrains including snow bashing as I live where we get 6 months of winter and the worst I've had to do is replace tie rod ends, remount the ESC, and replace the wheels and tires. Runs great on 4s as well. I see its not availabIe in NA anymore but if you can get one I would recommend it. I have always ran Traxxas but have been converted! Love Arrma durability. In fact I'm looking at purchasing the 6s Senton next!

The 6s Nero is a full out beast! I bought one at the end of last year as I liked the look of it and the diff brain concept interested me, also heard good things about the durability. It didn't disappoint! I have ran it hard around 35 -40 times in all terrains including snow bashing as I live where we get 6 months of winter and the worst I've had to do is replace tie rod ends, remount the ESC, and replace the wheels and tires. Runs great on 4s as well. I see its not availabIe in NA anymore but if you can get one I would recommend it. I have always ran Traxxas but have been converted! Love Arrma durability. In fact I'm looking at purchasing the 6s Senton next!
If you could get either the nero with diff brain basically completely stock just with a t bone bumper ad some dirt guards or a kraton completely redone with a mamba monster 2200kv motor and esc and a bunch of other stuff super clean for the same price which one would you choose? I'll add pictures of both.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180410-031013.png
    Screenshot_20180410-031013.png
    669.1 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20180410-030717.png
    Screenshot_20180410-030717.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20180410-030748.png
    Screenshot_20180410-030748.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • Screenshot_20180410-030736.png
    Screenshot_20180410-030736.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot_20180410-030959.png
    Screenshot_20180410-030959.png
    748.7 KB · Views: 46
For myself I would go with the Nero! I have never driven the Kraton but have driven the outcast which is similar, fun but more of a stunt truck than anything and for me I prefer the all terrain capabilities of the Nero.

That Kraton looks really clean. Hard to tell without seeing them both in person

If you could get either the nero with diff brain basically completely stock just with a t bone bumper ad some dirt guards or a kraton completely redone with a mamba monster 2200kv motor and esc and a bunch of other stuff super clean for the same price which one would you choose? I'll add pictures of both.

Kraton. The answer is always Kraton. :)

Yeah, still Kraton for me. Unless you already have a Kraton, the answer is always Kraton.

:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back