Can't decide.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graphenes are 3s the others are 2s and none graphense.

About $25 a battery... :)

The blue ones are rated at 25C, and were on sale for $20/ea. There was a FB thread about these batteries, started by one of the RCGroups guys that does real lipo testing. He was saying these are "true" 23c/25c packs - which puts them on par with something like the SMC 90c 135A True Spec packs. I figured for $40 for a 6s I was not out much if they did not live up to his claims. I don't expect them to punch like the Graphines, but if they run like my SMC's, I will be happy.

The black ones - Well, you already know about them. The same FB guy said the 65c rated Graphines were "the best big amp lipo you could buy regardless of price" - until the Panther Graphene packs were released...

And the printer filament is some TPU - I've been wanting to try flexible filaments, and $20 for a half a Kg was hard to pass up.

No, they are all 3s. But the graphines are probably a 1/4" thicker than the blue ones. And a bit longer... LOL

Beefy...

Let me know when you run the Graphenes. I just came in from running them in my Kraton. Had to lower the punch from 6 to 4. It's borderline scary, lol. I wouldn't dream of throwing one of these into my Granite 3s BLX.

I have some Graphines already - a pair of 2s 6000mah 90c hardpacks. I have run them in my 2wd Torment and as 2x2s in my Arrmas... At 4s power, they have a slight edge over my other batteries, but it is not a huge difference. In the Torment - the stock 3300kv 3650 does not stress even my cheap batteries, so no difference there. The biggest difference I see with them - on hard track days, where my son and I are burning thru packs, one in the truck, one on the charger at 2c, one resting, running all day in the heat - All my other packs (Nano-tech, SPC, SMC, grey Turnigy) - they will all start to have slight swelling and higher temps by the end of the day. But the Graphines just don't care. :)

I've not run 6s, though, since I got the trucks. When I first got my Arrmas, I got one 6s pack. I quickly decided I needed more 4s time before jumping to 6s, then got into track bashing (6s is useless there). Now that the local track is mostly closed, I figure it is time to try 6s again.

I have some Graphines already - a pair of 2s 6000mah 90c hardpacks. I have run them in my 2wd Torment and as 2x2s in my Arrmas... At 4s power, they have a slight edge over my other batteries, but it is not a huge difference. In the Torment - the stock 3300kv 3650 does not stress even my cheap batteries, so no difference there. The biggest difference I see with them - on hard track days, where my son and I are burning thru packs, one in the truck, one on the charger at 2c, one resting, running all day in the heat - All my other packs (Nano-tech, SPC, SMC, grey Turnigy) - they will all start to have slight swelling and higher temps by the end of the day. But the Graphines just don't care. :)

I've not run 6s, though, since I got the trucks. When I first got my Arrmas, I got one 6s pack. I quickly decided I needed more 4s time before jumping to 6s, then got into track bashing (6s is useless there). Now that the local track is mostly closed, I figure it is time to try 6s again.

Throw 2 of those bad boys in your Typhon and be prepared to pucker.

I can tell you this. You better have your poop squared away before you run these batteries. If I had to pick one word to describe them it would be "violent." I've never seen my trucks run like this. It's like 7s. I poop you not. These batteries will destroy your diffs if they are not meshed right. If your bulkhead cover is loose becaise some of the screws are stripped, you will know it. Make sure everything is tightened up before you turn these things loose. They are ungodly compared to what I have been running.
Same experience here, Graphenes are awesome.
And wait for the day you will get your hands on a Maxxamps. I've tried it once, they are way to expensive for my liking but it's a Graphene on steriods!

New on the right old on the left.
15422401992498782947722261570885.jpg

I just counted all my lipos, I have 17. I didn't even count my nimh batteries. If I buy anymore I will need another ammo can.

Last edited:
Fits like a rubber glove built for one.

15422422041202527589079028365622.jpg

I just realized I can't charge this battery at 2c, my charger only has 200w per channel :(

Last edited:
FIFY.

Those batteries are not going near my Typhon till I get some GRP belted tires... LOL I have a hard enough time keeping the rubber attached on 4s.

I ran them in my Typhon today. Could just barely get the body on, lol. That sucker flew. I wrapped my 2.8 badlands with fishing braid. Ran great!

One of mine went tits up.

5E64430E-7F61-479E-80D1-600548C93273.jpeg

The IR each of those cells is in the 400’s. I submitted a claim to HK. What should I do with this battery?

what do you think lead to this? I have never run the graphenes without a cap pack.

first - I'd double check the voltage on you charger. sometimes those small lipo checkers give odd readings.

If the voltage is really that low, maybe set your charger to Nimh mode, .5C and hit it for a few minutes. Watch it the whole time, though. Once the voltage of the two low cells is above 3.0v, reset the charger to Lipo mode, and balance charge to storage charge. Let it rest overnight (in a safe place), and check the IR again.

first - I'd double check the voltage on you charger. sometimes those small lipo checkers give odd readings.

If the voltage is really that low, maybe set your charger to Nimh mode, .5C and hit it for a few minutes. Watch it the whole time, though. Once the voltage of the two low cells is above 3.0v, reset the charger to Lipo mode, and balance charge to storage charge. Let it rest overnight (in a safe place), and check the IR again.

Charger would not charge it. Voltage too low. HobbyKing has approved a replacement. Is it worth trying to save this battery?

Charger would not charge it. Voltage too low. HobbyKing has approved a replacement. Is it worth trying to save this battery?

was this one of the brand new ones?

i just ordered 2 of these as they are on sale...hopefully i have better luck :/

was this one of the brand new ones?

i just ordered 2 of these as they are on sale...hopefully i have better luck :/

Yes. Brand new. It was one of four. I was able to do as @Jerry-rigged suggested and it is back balanced charged. It will be spending the night outside, I can tell you that.

Glad you got it to come back to life. I'd mark that pack with a piece of blue tape or something to keep track of the possible problem child.

Yeah, the Nimh mode is to get the cells up to 3.0v, as below that, most lipo chargers won't even try to charge the battery.

If the resting IR of a room temp battery is really in the hundreds, then it is junk. Seems I read somewhere that racers will retire batteries when the IR gets around 15-20, but I can't find where I read that now... Probably on one of the big battery threads over at RCG.

Glad you got it to come back to life. I'd mark that pack with a piece of blue tape or something to keep track of the possible problem child.

Yeah, the Nimh mode is to get the cells up to 3.0v, as below that, most lipo chargers won't even try to charge the battery.

If the resting IR of a room temp battery is really in the hundreds, then it is junk. Seems I read somewhere that racers will retire batteries when the IR gets around 15-20, but I can't find where I read that now... Probably on one of the big battery threads over at RCG.

IR is back to between 2 and 5. But this is the best I can get it to balance:

20181115_203531.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back