Can't decide.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What can I use to measure the ir of a battery? My Hitec doesn't show ir :/

What can I use to measure the ir of a battery? My Hitec doesn't show ir :/
My Hitec (RDX1) does, but it's so hidden i found about it only after few months.. its not even mentioned in the manual!

You cycle the modes into the Battery Meter, then long press the Start button.

IR is back to between 2 and 5. But this is the best I can get it to balance:

View attachment 24004
Looks like a bad one, got the same problem here with a Graphene 3s. But HK is fast and easy in settling rma's.
What you can do to sort of reset the the battery is discharge it an than fully charge it at 0.1c. It takes about 12 hours. I managed twice to get a battery back to life this way, and failed 3 times. So it's not a guarantee but worth the try. I just feels wrong to throw a new battery in the bin.

Last edited:
My Hitec (RDX1) does, but it's so hidden i found about it only after few months.. its not even mentioned in the manual!

You cycle the modes into the Battery Meter, then long press the Start button.

I wonder if it's hidden in my X2 400?

Nope :(

Looks like a bad one, got the same problem here with a Graphene 3s. But HK is fast and easy in settling rma's.
What you can do to sort of reset the the battery is discharge it an than fully charge it at 0.5c. It takes about 12 hours. I managed twice to get a battery back to life this way, and failed 3 times. So it's not a guarantee but worth the try. I just feels wrong to throw a new battery in the bin.
I know right? I want to charge up that puffy HD I got and run it at least once.

Last edited:
What is an acceptable range for the IR?
As far as i understood it should be less than 20 mOhm per cell. A new lipo should be at 0-5 per cell and my 2 years old heavily abused Turnigy HD has an average around 15. It also starts to swell a bit.

As far as i understood it should be less than 20 mOhm per cell. A new lipo should be at 0-5 per cell and my 2 years old heavily abused Turnigy HD has an average around 15. It also starts to swell a bit.

Excellent. Thank you!

Quick question about the Hobbyking warranty process. When I pull up my battery claim, the status is listed as "proceed to settlement." Do I need to take any action to move this along? I don't need to ship the battery back, do I?

Quick question about the Hobbyking warranty process. When I pull up my battery claim, the status is listed as "proceed to settlement." Do I need to take any action to move this along? I don't need to ship the battery back, do I?
Nope, the next step is the settlement, usually takes a few days and they will sent you a new one. No return needed.

Dang, another new, failed battery? Y'all are going to make me fix my cars just to test my new batteries... LOL
Haha, it's better than having fixed cars and dead batteries, right?
Talking about new batteries. I like to get them in shape before the first use and after a long winter period. Or after breakage when you get home with full lipo's (we all know that feeling i guess). So i made some simple discharge stations.
Using the discharge function of the charger takes forever and these little devices will balance discharge at 150w, also to storage mode. Discharging a fully charged 6s 5000mAh takes an hour. They are available on Alibaba and similar sites:

20181118_153507.jpg

AOKoda CellMeter 8 150W Discharge Module Set with Lipo Battery Balancer Battery Protection For RC Models Helicopter Spare Parts

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/eYJyWRJ

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back