Infraction Can't decided between an Infraction or a Limitless.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
So... This will be long, hopefully someone will take the time to read it and help me make the smartest desition.

I was about to place an order of the Infraction, because I REALLY LOVE the way it looks and of course being a fan of Ken block for years and the honnitruck, the infraction was literally love at first sight. But then I went back for a second to do some research regarding getting that or the limitless and build my own setup and maybe later on just throw an Infraction body on it to makes me feel complete.

A little bit about me, I'm not an experienced rc guy as many here, I only have a couple of months driving a few rustlers and now my Kraton 6s which I cannot be more excited about (BTW I'm selling my rustlers if someone is interested). But now I feel the need of more and more cars (damn you arrma), and this forum don't help getting away from that feeling, it actually do the opposite. Every single day I'm spending HOURS reading amazing posts and build projects that makes me want to build my own thing, that's why I have second thoughts about getting the infraction and then start replacing new esc, motor, servo, etc.

I'm not seeking to have the fastest 10s high speed run car, I would love to have something that can go fast if I want to but also drift and drive as an Infraction.

I've been doing research about the difference between the 2 platforms and so far I can tell that the only difference in the drive train and chassis is the diff case and the spool, other than that is just spoilers bumpers and body (please correct me if I'm wrong)

I already have a TX and EX, a spare servo from my Kraton, I have 2x3s and 6s batteries.

So my question is, should I get the limitless and throw in it something like a Max6 w/4985SL (1650kV) or even a max8 (I don't think I'm ready to go 8s), and then slowly add upgrades?

Last but not least, what exactly do I need to convert the limitless to a Infraction if I wanted to? Body, Center differential, Bodyposts and the Front bumper, is that it? (Again, please correct me if I'm wrong)

Thanks in advance to everyone that takes the time to read and give me your thoughts.

Best!

Difference between the two cars, other than the body and bumpers:

Limitless: Comes with 27T pinion and 34T spool
Infraction: Comes with 27T and 18T(?) pinion and 46T center diff

You could get the Infraction and then the 34T spool from Jenny's RC, should you want to get some speed run personal bests for the fun of it.

I have the Limitless, and will probably just do a couple of speed runs to get a kick out of it, then move to a 20T with 50T center diff with a 2200kV motor. Will still be fast-ish, and will have less heat issues, I guess.

Jay Tee RC has a video of his Limitless on 18T with 50T spur diff and he's pleased as punch with it.

Difference between the two cars, other than the body and bumpers:

Limitless: Comes with 27T pinion and 34T spool
Infraction: Comes with 27T and 18T(?) pinion and 46T center diff

You could get the Infraction and then the 34T spool from Jenny's RC, should you want to get some speed run personal bests for the fun of it.

I have the Limitless, and will probably just do a couple of speed runs to get a kick out of it, then move to a 20T with 50T center diff with a 2200kV motor. Will still be fast-ish, and will have less heat issues, I guess.

Jay Tee RC has a video of his Limitless on 18T with 50T spur diff and he's pleased as punch with it.
But, I don't know if I want the stock motor and esc. I would love to have more adjustments as the Max6 does. Knowing that, Isn't it better to get the limitless and then the center diff and the 18t pinion?

I’d rock an infraction over the limitless.
I own an Infraction, see my build thread on here somewhere ? I would suggest as @LibertyMKiii says below..
Bonus if you get an Infraction you can always sell the stock motor/esc if need be to fund something bigger/faster..!!
You can also get a spool from Jenny’s if and when you wanna go really fast and straight.??..
Oh and lastly, the Infraction just looks way way better than the Limitless ..?
My thoughts are that if you plan to spend most of your time in a parking lot at speeds under 90mph.... go with the infraction

I own an Infraction, see my build thread on here somewhere ? I would suggest as @LibertyMKiii says below..
Bonus if you get an Infraction you can always sell the stock motor/esc if need be to fund something bigger/faster..!!
You can also get a spool from Jenny’s if and when you wanna go really fast and straight.??..
Oh and lastly, the Infraction just looks way way better than the Limitless ..?
It does looks way better than the limitless. I will check you build thread right after this message.

After reading your build thread I'm having second thoughts, so all this about don't know what to get is because you you! :ROFLMAO:
I will warn you that speed runs are likely the most expensive segment of the hobby. I'd be happy to offer guidance to some "best" choices avoiding buying certain parts twice. Going over 100 is scary and crashes are extremely expensive at those speeds. Probably the hardest part is having a perfect road that is extremely smooth, no obstacles, no traffic, and no radio interference. It is downright frustrating since in most cities that combination does not exist.

I personally like the Infraction because it comes with body mounts. This would allow you to mount a GT body.
(more aerodynamic than open wheel F1 style)
As far as the guts inside the only difference is the center diff versus a spool. It would be easy to convert.

Here is an Infraction with GT body example for you:

You can also go very fast with the original infraction body

I'm a bad influence! I say go ahead and get both! ;) ? ?
Hahahaha, 1 at a time, 1 at a time!
I will warn you that speed runs are likely the most expensive segment of the hobby. I'd be happy to offer guidance to some "best" choices avoiding buying certain parts twice. Going over 100 is scary and crashes are extremely expensive at those speeds. Probably the hardest part is having a perfect road that is extremely smooth, no obstacles, no traffic, and no radio interference. It is downright frustrating since in most cities that combination does not exist.

I personally like the Infraction because it comes with body mounts. This would allow you to mount a GT body.
(more aerodynamic than open wheel F1 style)
As far as the guts inside the only difference is the center diff versus a spool. It would be easy to convert.

Here is an Infraction with GT body example for you:

You can also go very fast with the original infraction body

I definitely want to change the electronics, worth getting the infraction, selling the electronicts and getting new ones over getting the limitless as an empty canvas?

Hahahaha, 1 at a time, 1 at a time!

I definitely want to change the electronics, worth getting the infraction, selling the electronicts and getting new ones over getting the limitless as an empty canvas?

In general you would probably save money going with a roller.

The kit breakers sell the ESCs for $6x.00 and motors for $40.00 on eBay currently.
There is some value there, but not sure how much or how much time it would take to sell.

Sorry, I know I am flooding this thread with video links, but this one is interesting. It shows that a $40.00 motor, the factory BLX 2050kv could easily get you into the triple digits with the Castle XLX esc.

Maybe wait, isn’t there another Infraction coming out soon...8s? If there is you could get that or the “old” one at a discount...
I need more concrete info on this one. My lhs has no clue about this.

I need more concrete info on this one. My lhs has no clue about this.
Yea, I know people have screenshot some statement from Arrma in regards of the K8S not being the only 8S release. Nothing mentioned about which ones are also going the 8S route as well. I really hope the Infraction is going to be put in the 8S category, just no word about any of them right now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back