Typhon Cant get passed 55mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RVJ007

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Team - again today I ran my typhoon and could only hit 55mph, why?

18T pinion
6s

Stock motor and esc and stock tyres.

Running on smooth flat tarmac.

How can I safely pass the claimed 60mph.

i am running 2x4500mah 45c rating overlanders. And no i haven't calibrated the esc. IS there an easy way to do it. The instruction manual doesn't make sense

thanks

From page 27 of the (v2) manual -
  1. Connect battery.
  2. Turn on TX
  3. Hold down the small Program Button (PB) on the ESC switch and switch on the esc - ESC should start to flash red - release PB.
  4. TX, let the throttle trigger set in neutral i.e. - don't touch it - tap the PB - and the ESC will flash green once.
  5. TX, Squeeze the trigger to full, and tap the PB - ESC flashes green twice.
  6. TX - trigger to full reverse, tap the PB - ESC flashes green three times.
  7. Turn the ESC off.
Done!

nice - very easy to follow thanks.. Ive done the calibration and will test it out once the snow goes...... Thanks

ok so put on my new grip wheels and with the stock 50T spur and 18T pinion 55 is all i got at a struggle. Mostly was 52mph.
Any ideas. Can i get a 46T spur. Will the motor and esc take a 20T pinion.
Help please
Thanks

You need a high amp watt meter to check if you are on the safe zone to keep playing w ratios.

The same as brushless rc planes, prop and battery is set by a watt meter, it will tell you if in the clear or redlining to make it catch fire.

Did you mean the GRP wheels? if yes, those are smaller than stock, right? So you effectively lowered the gear ratio. Or more correctly, lowered the Roll Out. Grab a few more teeth to gain it back.

As far as a watt meter, for speed runs, keep an eye on temps. If you are going from cold to 120-140 in a single pass, you may be overloading stuff. If you are looking for full battery runs, keep it under 170F.

Im running on my typhon 19/50 gearing with grp tyres and graphene 65c lipos 2200kv top speed is 67mph

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back