Senton Can't get pinion off my Senton 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJMARLOWE

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Trying to change the pinion on the Senton 3s.. took the grab screw out and still can’t get the pinion off .. also any suggestions on getting the over loctited motor screws out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 102
Got it thanks .. where is the best place to buy a 15 tooth pinion for the 3s

Any cheapo "American sold" pinion will do. You won't need anything hardened steel unless you're running a steel spur (big) gear. Just make sure it's the same pitch as your spur gear, which I believe the stock is 32p. Also make sure the hole diameter matches your shaft, which I believe is 3mm (anything around 3mm will do, just don't buy a 5mm or 8mm)

Thanks for the correction! Whoops. Yeah just get a 5mm diameter shaft with 32p and 15t.

Just curious but why a 15T?
Why not use the 16T Arrma one as supplied with the Typhon 6s? (part number AR310477)

As suggested heat is your best bet for easy removal. Hold a soldering iron on the motor shaft for quite some time so that it can help break down the Loctite.

Worst case scenario you can buy a pinion gear removal tool from Hobbyking. You shouldn't need it but it is an option.
Link: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...QYBSABEgK4j_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&___store=en_us

Just curious but why a 15T?
Why not use the 16T Arrma one as supplied with the Typhon 6s? (part number AR310477)

As suggested heat is your best bet for easy removal. Hold a soldering iron on the motor shaft for quite some time so that it can help break down the Loctite.

Worst case scenario you can buy a pinion gear removal tool from Hobbyking. You shouldn't need it but it is an option.
Link: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...QYBSABEgK4j_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&___store=en_us
Did u get the pinion off?

Wish I would have seen this before I tried to remove mine. Now I have a stripped pinion grub screw!

I am have some bad luck recently ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back