Can't leave this empty!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PPS-RC

Very Active Member
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Nero
Hello! I'm Bob and I am fresh into the game. My company is Practical Prototype Solutions, and I offer 3d design and CNC services. My website is PPS-RC.com and I currently have a limited catalog. I will be expanding my product line as quickly as I can!

In the meantime I couldn't leave this empty. So Hello! And sorry for sneaking a couple Traxxas parts in at the end... I'm just showing off. It won't happen again :LOL:

20200204_165116.jpg
mount on kraton.jpg
20200204_165356.jpg
DB1.jpg
DC1.jpg
PC3.jpg

That motor mount looks beautiful ???
Thanks!
Just got this. Getting ready to install in my Infraction, but the 27T pinion is stuck on the motor with a stripped set screw.
That's a tough break. Hopefully you got it out already!
Do you need a test pilot...??
I do need very specific test pilots sometimes. Normally, I reach out to them.
Sweet looking parts Man!
Thanks!
I was thinking the same thing. @PPS-RC it looks like a piece of art, not for a toy car! Great work.
Thanks WoodiE!

Wow, I just noticed the set screw. Is that to set the mesh? Does it also pull?
Why, Yes it does! Here's my video outlining all of the details.

That is absolutely genius!!!!! I think this is the only one on the market that has this feature. What is the fit of the groove in the base and motor mounting plate? Are the base and mounting plate paired? As in they are matched? What pushes it out, a spring or is there a groove and pin in the adjustment screw?

I think this may be the best mount that has been available to date. Or at least from what I have personally seen offered by others.

The flat head screw strap is an awesome feature too. You could have made it work without it but it would have binding and be a clunky feel correct? I like that you went the extra mile and put this into the design because it looks smooth as butter.

Edit - Alright, I just watched the entire video. Did you make all the aluminum pieces that I saw when you were showing the TP motor?

Look out M2C.....

Last edited:
That is absolutely genius!!!!! I think this is the only one on the market that has this feature. What is the fit of the groove in the base and motor mounting plate? Are the base and mounting plate paired? As in they are matched? What pushes it out, a spring or is there a groove and pin in the adjustment screw?

I think this may be the best mount that has been available to date. Or at least from what I have personally seen offered by others.

The flat head screw strap is an awesome feature too. You could have made it work without it but it would have binding and be a clunky feel correct? I like that you went the extra mile and put this into the design because it looks smooth as butter.

Thanks!

I'm not sure if it's an original idea or not. I keep my head buried in my work and don't look around enough. If I have an idea, I just go for it. Sometimes my solution is exactly like what everyone else is doing, because that's simply the best way... or I may come up with something off the wall. I just remember being a kid cutting lawns for spur gear money, because plastic spur gears were constantly being destroyed by gear lash that simply would not stay put. (It was a nitro car, and the motor mount screws would strip every time you tried to put real toque on them). I sought my vengeance with this design.

As for how it works, The video outlines all of it. If I bored you to death trying to watch it (Don't blame you!) It's a groove and plate system (Spring would be unreliable). It also has a locking feature for the adjuster nut.

The plates are not matched or paired per se, they are however precisely machined with close tolerances. The plates are interchangable. I even offer extra plates for people who feel like hot swapping motors in the field. I know if I were a drag racer who had different motor and pinion combos, and little time to do it, I would totally like to have the option to quickly change motors back and forth without needing to pull the pinion.

The top strap clamp was a way to keep things smooth, while providing a non-marring surface. I'd hate for people to marr/gouge their mount simply by using it as intended (Look at your stock Arrma mount).

And admittedly... I have too much time into this design. Like an embarrassing number of hours. But it's done now, and it's badass. That's all that matters.

And admittedly... I have too much time into this design. Like an embarrassing number of hours. But it's done now, and it's badass. That's all that matters.

Nope. The time you have invested in it shows in its awesomeness brother. The video looked good too ?

Fellow machinist here of 35 years, love your work. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, if this mount is the beginning I can’t wait to see what else you make. If you can please the rc crowd you have really accomplished something. Just looking at your attention to detail I have no doubt you will.

Fellow machinist here of 35 years, love your work. I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors, if this mount is the beginning I can’t wait to see what else you make. If you can please the rc crowd you have really accomplished something. Just looking at your attention to detail I have no doubt you will.
Thanks man!

I was waiting to hear your thoughts on this @Jimbobjr.

@PPS-RC if you have @Jimbobjr’s approval then you know you’re on the right track!

When I watched that motor mount video the other day I immediately sent it to my dad. Very impressive. Sometimes dad doesn't realize the depth of design that goes into these models these days but he always appreciates fine work.
I'm excited to see these new upgrades and looking forward to everyone getting on board. Would be awesome to have a vendor that hangs out and keeps us posted to what's new and in development.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back