Notorious Can't make 25t servo horn work with linkage. DS3225MG install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yazman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
True to form, I was unhappy with the stock servo that functioned absolutely fine it had nothing wrong with it, and decided to "upgrade" it and make it "better."

I think you know the end of the story. I now have a plastic 23t servo arm that fit the linkage perfectly but doesn't fit on the new 25t cheap server I bought. Likewise, the aluminum 25t servo arm fits the servo but won't work with the rest of the linkage. The horn is so close to the servo itself that there is no way to install the nut with the aluminum 25t that came with the servo. Even if I flip it upside down, it still doesn't work because then the angle of that middle piece is all wonky and messed up.

I don't even think grinding down the aluminum horn will work. Am I looking at just putting the stock one back in? We're ordering some 25t servo horn that probably costs more than the servo?

I'm such a noob 😭
16428835131054975484463913497851.jpg

I chose the hobbypark since it was prime and cheap! Thanks fellas!

Thanks all! The hobbypark horn fits great. I used the stock servo screw for the horn and it doesn't tighten all the way, it just keeps spinning. I just fed it a bunch of blue loctite; hopefully that'll hold lol.

I had trouble with the HR metal linkage that came with the SS I got. However using the HR SS worked out well

Thanks all! The hobbypark horn fits great. I used the stock servo screw for the horn and it doesn't tighten all the way, it just keeps spinning. I just fed it a bunch of blue loctite; hopefully that'll hold lol.

Are you talking the horn to the linkage? If so, put a locknut on it or it will loosen.

8E6A642A-DBF0-4359-BF06-B2984F387DF6.jpeg

It will come out, just use a 2mm longer screw to start.

You guys rock! I put in a longer screw and confirmed that was the problem when looking at my stock rig and the upgraded one side by side. The longer screw actually threads in and feels firm.

So far I'm impressed with the egg roll servo I bought from the jungle store (Amzone)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back