Senton Can't put power to ground with castle combo in senton v3 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC_55

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Is anybody running a sensored castle 2200kv and MMX in their senton v3 6s? i've got this combo in mine and can't put the power to the ground, applying a slight bit of throttle just makes it wheelie everywhere! I can't use the power at all! what adjustments can i make to put the power to the ground??

I'm running the car on dirt and grass.

With Castle ESC's you turn the punch up for more control. Try setting it at 70% and see how that feels.

I have that combo in my savage flux, which isn't a small machine. I run on 4S and finally installed a center diff transmission just to make it controllable. I have punch control at 90% on that thing or it just ends up on it's roof all the time. It still does, but it's at least more controllable now. I started with it at 75%, then 80%, then got the center diff, ran it a bit and ended up still at 90%. I'm now able to actually get to WOT in a pretty short distance without ending up on my roof though. Really gives the t-bone wheelie bar a workout regardless.

Can't imagine what kind of craziness it would be on 6S.

Sounds like a powerfull combination. I still have the stock electronics in my Senton and I run 200.000cst oil in the center diff and a 17T pinion gear. No wheelies whatsoever on 4S. On 6S it does wheely, but not like uncontrolled or something. Must be a powerfull motor that Castle 2200kv.

That it is, that it is. Castle 2200kv is the motor you cannot go wrong with.

Is anybody running a sensored castle 2200kv and MMX in their senton v3 6s? i've got this combo in mine and can't put the power to the ground, applying a slight bit of throttle just makes it wheelie everywhere! I can't use the power at all! what adjustments can i make to put the power to the ground??

I'm running the car on dirt and grass.
I got that same ESC on my Kraton with a 2200kv Tekim motor and punch at 90% and is pretty crazy. I also try the castle 2200kv motor but I like the Tekin better. It runs cooler with 17 tooth pinion

Thanks guys i finally got it sorted a month or so ago. can't run it with the censored cable for some reason, so running it with out and its fine now.

Thanks guys i finally got it sorted a month or so ago. can't run it with the censored cable for some reason, so running it with out and its fine now.
Did you have the motor plugged in correctly? When running sensored, the ABC on the motor/esc wires has to be followed or the sensored part gets confused.

Did you have the motor plugged in correctly? When running sensored, the ABC on the motor/esc wires has to be followed or the sensored part gets confused.

yeah man had all that plugged in the correct way, but had to change direction of the motor to reverse because it was running the wrong way. Every time i'd change punch and other settings it just never seemed right or ran well.. so i ditched the censored cable and ran A to A, B to C and C to B and changed direction to normal in settings and it now runs in the normal direction with no dramas.

thats a lot of motor for a senton... my 3s is a roll machine...its fun but i cant imagine it on 6s even...

thats a lot of motor for a senton... my 3s is a roll machine...its fun but i cant imagine it on 6s even...

haha it loves man! running a 16t pinion with louise b-pioneers the thing is off it's head, so much fun!

have you ever put your 6s next to a 3s? is it longer/wider?

No i haven't man but judging by pictures they look the same length but the 6s chassis maybe looks a bit wider and obviously the 6s is a lot heavier.

yeah, its def heavier with all the 6s parts on it...does it take turns good or just roll over?

i have only driven my senton 3s for like 1/4 pack...my son has ripped it most but it seems to roll with any hint of a turn at high speed...idk if it needs some weight in chassis or what...maybe ill put some lead tape in it..lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back