Mojave Can't remove factory fitted screws to change servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilodi

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Hi guys,

I need some help to remove some factory fitted screws. I think I may have started to strip them even.

I tried checking online and saw few posts that it seem the factory fittings use a lot of loctite/ thread lock and in order to remove such loctite/ threadlock i need intense heat (propane torch). but the screw is next to plastic parts and I am afraid of melting or doing even more damage.

Can you help me, is there a way to get these screws out?
Can you also advice what to do if I may have stripped some screws?

Any tips would be helpful.

I haven't driven for a week now and really disappointed during these 4 days of Easter holidays and depressing during the lock-down, the RC hobby was keeping a smile and great time with my son. I got the parts delivered on urgent but now cant put them in :(

Attachments

• photo_2020-04-13_13-56-59.jpg
    photo_2020-04-13_13-56-59.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 114
  • photo_2020-04-13_13-57-00.jpg
    photo_2020-04-13_13-57-00.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 65
  • photo_2020-04-13_13-57-01.jpg
    photo_2020-04-13_13-57-01.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 75
  • photo_2020-04-13_13-57-02.jpg
    photo_2020-04-13_13-57-02.jpg
    240.9 KB · Views: 67
If they're rounded out drill just the heads off enabling you to remove the plastic, then apply heat with a pencil butane torch and remove the rest with mole grips or something similar, hope it works out for you.??

If you have a Soldering Iron, that would work best. Just keep the soldering tip on the screw itself for a few minutes and that should help break down the Loctite. I had to the same thing with my Outcast 6S. Don't be afraid with the plastic around it, it can handle some temps. (y)

If you have a Soldering Iron, that would work best. Just keep the soldering tip on the screw itself for a few minutes and that should help break down the Loctite. I had to the same thing with my Outcast 6S. Don't be afraid with the plastic around it, it can handle some temps. (y)
i heard that trick too, I tried to keep the tip for 1 min but it still didn't budge, how long would you recommend? my iron can go upto 450C

i heard that trick too, I tried to keep the tip for 1 min but it still didn't budge, how long would you recommend? my iron can go upto 450C
Definitely keep it on there for a few minutes. The longer the better. The heat is going to transfer through the screw first then out to the plastic, (You would have to get that screw red hot before the heat gives you issues with the plastic) so you have some time. The heat is what's going to break down the Loctite itself so you can turn the screw. As long as the soldering Iron doesn't touch the plastic no worries. ? (y)

I took a torx bit that was slightly larger than the hole and taped it in with small hammer then used my small impact driver to remove. Needs to be a quality torx bit so it digs in to the screw.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back