Outcast Can't Remove Slipper Screw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-RAD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 4s
I picked up a 4S slipper clutch from Jennys and I wanted to take it apart to do some maintenance (check the pads, change the bearings, clean the screw) before I put it in my rigs.
Screw backed out about halfway until it stopped. Thought I needed to apply more elbow grease but didnt budge and started stripping the screw. Thought my 2.0mm hex driver was the issue so I tried another 1....screw doesn't move...tried another hex driver...still no luck. I took a torch to the other side of slipper to burn/loosen any threadlock on the screw.....still no luck.

Any suggestions on how I can remove the screw before I take a dremel and drill it out?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Thoses can a be a sob at times... if for sure your out of options...Take your Dremel and cut a deep line for a screwdriver... Pour the heat to it one more time... Turn till it breaks.

Does the screw bind as the last part of it on the other side of the slipper starts to enter the threaded area? If so, there may be some threadlock or mangled threads at the end of the screw. Assuming you're going to replace the screw, I'd screw it back in and try to remove as much of the end as possible with a carefully aimed dremel.

Does the screw bind as the last part of it on the other side of the slipper starts to enter the threaded area? If so, there may be some threadlock or mangled threads at the end of the screw. Assuming you're going to replace the screw, I'd screw it back in and try to remove as much of the end as possible with a carefully aimed dremel.

exactly. It was at the end of the screw. After an hour later I finally got that damn screw out. Torched the screw, screwed and unscrewed it several times for till the screw threaded out.

First time I’ve gone through this with the slipper screws.

I picked up a 4S slipper clutch from Jennys and I wanted to take it apart to do some maintenance (check the pads, change the bearings, clean the screw) before I put it in my rigs.
Screw backed out about halfway until it stopped. Thought I needed to apply more elbow grease but didnt budge and started stripping the screw. Thought my 2.0mm hex driver was the issue so I tried another 1....screw doesn't move...tried another hex driver...still no luck. I took a torch to the other side of slipper to burn/loosen any threadlock on the screw.....still no luck.

Any suggestions on how I can remove the screw before I take a dremel and drill it out?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.
Its common you need to screw back and foward to break the threadlock and it will come out after that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back