Cap pack: castle mamba X 8s ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys I’ve just got a castle mamba X 8s ESC that I’m going to install into my Typhon. Now do I need a cap pack for it?
I will be running 2x3s Spektrum 5000mAh 100c batteries

I will use it mainly for speed runs. However I might do a bash now and again.

if it’s a 100% requirement then I want to avoid any soldering lol is there anyway around this?

If I don’t use a cap pack what will the consequences be? Good or bad?
Thanks for your time

I was told that for bashing cap wasn't needed
But on the other hand ton of guys have them so I got this 8s ripple killer

I also added a glitch buster also
This v3 typhon 8s 1650 29/34 spool is crazy on 4s 😂 Im not ready to go full 8s just yet. Put to answer you're question yes get one it helps and doesn't hurt anything if you bashing either.

Check my rc build it have everything listed, this pic is recent

16286226947883440442337367581432.jpg

Pull your data logs and make sure the ripple voltage is less than 10% of total pack voltage when fully charged. Once ripple voltage reaches 10%or higher a cap pack is necessary to keep from damaging the esc

Hey guys I’ve just got a castle mamba X 8s ESC that I’m going to install into my Typhon. Now do I need a cap pack for it?

if it’s a 100% requirement then I want to avoid any soldering lol is there anyway around this?

Thanks for your time
You absolutely need a cap pack for the MMX8S when doing speed runs. Ripple Killer is what I run and recommend. Hit up @phildogg or visit https://ripplekillerrc.com/

Thanks for your time
And there's the crew coming in with the right info😉

Yeh I’ve just bought one… and I’m going to have to watch YouTube videos on how to solder one lol
Honestly bro we all was a little timid when it came to soldering, it took me a few trial and errors. Just make sure +/+ -/- and don't have lipos connected i and drop + - wire on tower to tower brace 😂in picture above.

16286445398201101553055022126965.jpg

Honestly bro we all was a little timid when it came to soldering, it took me a few trial and errors. Just make sure +/+ -/- and don't have lipos connected i and drop + - wire on tower to tower brace 😂in picture above.

View attachment 163080
yeah, ive done stuff like that. its like the 4th of july going off in your lap...rock on!

Back