Cap pack connector?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirkensirlot

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Hi, I'm fitting a Ripple killer cap pack to an MMX8S.I want to be able to remove it for cleaning and maintenance. will XT60 connectors be ok? Thanks

The cap packs do not provide much current at all so just about anything will work.
I have used xt90s in the past but since moved to bullet connectors as they take up a little less space and make the install look a little more clean.

I used XT60's on mine, but was only the Castle MMX and BLX185. On the MMX via data logs, my ripple voltage dropped from 3V+ to <1V with a cap pack I made. I used XT60's because I had them and wasn't using them for anything else other than adapters for chargers to go from xt60 -> XT90.

Considering how much current they dump in such a short time, I doubt you will have any issues running a 60A nominal connector that can likely dump twice that in the short term without much issue. A cap pack's charge only lasts a second or so, if that.

Used castle 6.5 connector for mine.

20201127_201244.jpg

20201127_201308.jpg

Caps are all about line resistance and capacitance. If you are using XT60's you might as well not use a cap pack, renders them fairly useless. Direct connection for high end applications or the largest connector with lowest resistance is advised. If you think current is no issue you might be a little surprised to hear that these currents will peak in the 1000A range, just for micro-seconds though, hence you do not see harmful effects.

Considering that they are parallel with your Lipo, you will never be plugging them in 'wrong'. Cap pack leads should be as short as possible, that would be your clue but no adverse effect if you plug in the battery instead.

This is getting rather complicated I have some QS8 anti-spark connectors but the size of the solder tabs seems overkill for the wire gauge and I don't enjoy soldering large connectors it's a skill I have yet to master.

This is getting rather complicated I have some QS8 anti-spark connectors but the size of the solder tabs seems overkill for the wire gauge and I don't enjoy soldering large connectors it's a skill I have yet to master.
A 6.5 mm bullet will be plenty for what you will be doing. The mmx8s is a good esc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back