Kraton CAP PACK QUESTION!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
This picture shows what I would like to try.
I want to use a much bigger cap pack and then be able to move it from one truck to another. Would this work? All my 6s & 8s trucks have the same XT90s.

image.jpg

I do this with mine here’s a crude wire diagram I wire leads to my esc in the batt wires to hook my cap pac too
View attachment 222939
Yes exactly like diem shows I believe
Looks exactly like what I do :) (you even used the same colors as my sleeves!)

First Alan and Diem's pics make sense and they are helping. Putting a cap in between ur battery won't help at all. Also, cap packs are no good for bashers. What you can do is solder a connector really close to where the esc wires come out. The put the same connector on ur cap pack and then just plug it in to whatever rig ur using

Why is he that, he help you and you are calling him a that...

Lol you are helping to good 😁
lol, I tried. I guess that's what I deserve for attempting to illustrate how I do things. Ah well, live and learn ;)

This picture shows what I would like to try.
I want to use a much bigger cap pack and then be able to move it from one truck to another. Would this work? All my 6s & 8s trucks have the same XT90s.
To answer the question: Yes, that approach works.
---
Reality check:
It will do as much good as any good snake oil.
Adding the additional connector in series impacts peak current already and probably does more than your cap pack ever will. XT90 and cap packs are useless. You are not even in the current region where ripple can become an issue, as you are limiting it with your connector choice.

If you think that 1-cap-pack-fits-all you might as well leave them off, they will do just as much sitting in a bag. The standard ESC caps take care of it in a much better way as these external connected ones will ever do.

Only consider cap packs if you have a data logging ESC where you can actually see the change.
Anything XT90 will never have to use additional cap packs imho, other than give the user a warm fuzzy feeling and the seller some money in their pocket.

I do this with mine here’s a crude wire diagram I wire leads to my esc in the batt wires to hook my cap pac too
View attachment 222939
Yes exactly like diem shows I believe
Thanks bud, this makes sense. The wire between the caps and esc should be short as possible or is not relevant? I’m just starting to figure out wiring cap packs…

Thanks bud, this makes sense. The wire between the caps and esc should be short as possible or is not relevant? I’m just starting to figure out wiring cap packs…
My information has been that they should be connected as close as possible to the ESC (i.e. base of the power leads). I don't think the length of cap pack leads is of any relevance as the cap pack is just a buffer, though I'm happy to be corrected if I'm mistaken here.

Yes, as short as realistically possible. Increase wire gauge to gain a couple inches. You just want resistance as close to zero, the current doesn't really matter.

Yes, as short as realistically possible. Increase wire gauge to gain a couple inches. You just want resistance as close to zero, the current doesn't really matter.
Thanks guys, both of you! It’s nothing I need anytime soon but eventually I’ll do more road stuff and it may become relevant. Besides, I’m curious as usual.

Sry I was just trying to show one way to do what i thought you were trying to do.
You did very well my man. Maybe it was the different colors that threw him off or watching too much Sesame Street I don’t know, but your diagram was extremely clear to me. Answered some questions creeping through my mind and I appreciate it.
lol, you're fine bro. He was calling me a :poop: :ROFLMAO:
Well…😐
😂😂😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back