Cap pack soldering - am I crazy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
The seller is saying a Castle employee wired up the cap pack this way for him. I find it hard to believe they’d completely cut the battery wires off and rely on a solder joint to carry the entire battery current.

Isn’t normal practice to leave the wire intact, slice a bit of rubber off, and use that opening to solder the cap pack?

Would you trust this setup?

1673068186109.png

The seller is saying a Castle employee wired up the cap pack this way for him. I find it hard to believe they’d completely cut the battery wires off and rely on a solder joint to carry the entire battery current.

Isn’t normal practice to leave the wire intact, slice a bit of rubber off, and use that opening to solder the cap pack?

Would you trust this setup?

View attachment 267987
🤯 what the actual f…

Yea, wouldn’t trust that at all..

From eBay or?

To be honest I have never installed a cap pack yet but now that I may need one it only took 5 min or less to see what needs to be done.

Do a dispute with PayPal. Castle will allow you to trade it in for a discount off a new one.
Oh I haven't bought it. I was considering it until I zoomed in on the pic. Figured I'd confirm my thoughts here.

Oh I haven't bought it. I was considering it until I zoomed in on the pic. Figured I'd confirm my thoughts here.
GIF by Miss May I

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back