Capacitor banks aka cap packs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper

Reaction score
Doing some research on these things. I'm going to build one to test out and see how it runs using these capacitors.
They from what I've read seems to prolong life of the electronics.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/m_Prod...=sGAEpiMZZMtZ1n0r9vR22ZGaUoI0JcRfLQ5UETpFUgs=

Wired up in parallel of course. Undecided if I want to solder them to a PCB or to a small section of exposed wire. Heat shrunk and sealed off water tight as well.

Anyone else on here make their own ?
For speed runs of heavy off-road use.The cost to make them is stupid cheap compared to once I've seen being sold @$30,$40,$50+

Yeah I saw that but from the way the guy described it in the video I saw, it requires some sort of actuation to trigger the release of the capacitors charge? Or trigger the effect. Hence the control cable attached. From what I've read they are meant to protect the esc and battery at all times while running.

I guess maybe that one is used for different purposes to give a surge of extra power on demand via hitting a button on the transmitter.

Oh yeah, right, I did not understand that you had another use for them. Might still be a good deal as you get caps, a housing, cables and stuff for next to nothing.

Yeah, mainly want to make one to lessen the strain on the esc and or battery. I do like the concept of those little boxes though. Lil speed boosts.

When you use yours is it a huge jump in speed?

Here is a demo of the "eNos" Cap pack - it gives a short boost when you trigger it.

I think Trapper is talking about a "RippleKiller" Cap pack - supposed to help absorb 'shocks' to the battery and ESC from extra strong motors, I think.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Right on.
If I was going to make my own I would solder them to a metal tab.

Bought ten of these
http://www.mouser.com/Search/m_Prod...71virtualkey66720000virtualkey667-EEU-FM1H271
Yeah the castle one's are $20 but I bought 2 kratons so will need two of them and can make both the cap packs for less than the cost of one prebuilt

Hey zen master how's running them in series working out for you?
Everywhere I read about making these for RC cars says to only wire the caps in parallel. Not sure why everywhere said to do that, just what I read

according to data logs it still has ripple but its 3 volts as compared to 6 and up with out. i can actually disconnect the battery and make a little rip down the road.

i did forget some details like using a mmx with 1515 and 25t pinion with that twin fan yeahracing motor heatsink. i also use 2 10watt led chips one white in the front and deep red in back (makes orientation easy in the literal middle of the night) it does 83 mph with all that stuff crammed in there.

Last edited:
according to data logs it still has ripple but its 3 volts as compared to 6 and up with out. i can actually disconnect the battery and make a little rip down the road.

i did forget some details like using a mmx with 1515 and 25t pinion with that twin fan yeahracing motor heatsink. i also use 2 10watt led chips one white in the front and deep red in back (makes orientation easy in the literal middle of the night) it does 83 mph with all that stuff crammed in there.
Zen, what motor mount are you using to fit a 25t?????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back