Kraton Car dies after about 5 minutes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyp05fxdl

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton V2 running 6s with a 17 tooth pinon after about 5 minutes it dies with only a red flashing on the ESC. battery appears to be fine

I was running stock motor and ESC on V2 with 15 tooth pinion and created that issue when I turned the punch setting down. Turned it up and the issue went away. That being said, The 17 tooth is more than likely going to create motor heat issues, especially if your running in grass.

On page 27 of the manual, it states "If the ESC temperature exceeds 105 degrees Celsius/221 degrees Fahrenheit, the ESC will enter temperature protection mode and the red status LED will blink. Once the ESC has cooled down it will resume normal operation." Also turning up the punch setting is fun:p. Instructions on how to do that are also on page 27 right under the ESC thermal warning.

On page 27 of the manual, it states "If the ESC temperature exceeds 105 degrees Celsius/221 degrees Fahrenheit, the ESC will enter temperature protection mode and the red status LED will blink. Once the ESC has cooled down it will resume normal operation." Also turning up the punch setting is fun:p. Instructions on how to do that are also on page 27 right under the ESC thermal warning.

Yep, what he said.....

Glad I could help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back