Felony Car gos out of control at high speeds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyphoonS3

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am posting this question for my friend he has an armor felony 6s stock and when he gets on it. Which was the first time today he has ever has went 30-40 miles an hour the car front and back swerves left to right until it spins out or goes off the road. No matter how we adjusted the steering on the controller it still did it. I noticed on his servo where the steering mechanism attached it did look a little worn, he has stock tires and everything else is stock. Wheel bearings seem to be okay, he did have a little Bluetooth speaker inside because he put puts it around for looks. So I figured maybe it was not balanced, I removed the speaker it still got loose at higher speeds.Today was the fastest he's ever went and couldn't control it at higher speeds it just shook until it spun around or went off the road. Nothing shouldn't be worn because he babies it he has a typhoon that he drives rough, his felony is his baby for looks any ideals any information will be helpful thanks guys.

Hello everyone I am posting this question for my friend he has an armor felony 6s stock and when he gets on it. Which was the first time today he has ever has went 30-40 miles an hour the car front and back swerves left to right until it spins out or goes off the road. No matter how we adjusted the steering on the controller it still did it. I noticed on his servo where the steering mechanism attached it did look a little worn, he has stock tires and everything else is stock. Wheel bearings seem to be okay, he did have a little Bluetooth speaker inside because he put puts it around for looks. So I figured maybe it was not balanced, I removed the speaker it still got loose at higher speeds.Today was the fastest he's ever went and couldn't control it at higher speeds it just shook until it spun around or went off the road. Nothing shouldn't be worn because he babies it he has a typhoon that he drives rough, his felony is his baby for looks any ideals any information will be helpful thanks guys.
If he's using the dx3 he needs to turn down avc is my only guess!?

As others have said, AVC could be out of adjustment, or tires could unbalanced, something in the drivetrain, such as driveshaft joints a little worn, or issues with the bearings that only show up at higher speeds, a slightly worn hub, or a number of different issues that arent readily apparent. Best thing to do is put the car so its off the ground, either on an RC stand, or even a couple blocks of wood, but, make sure its is securely attached to whatever it is on, then run it at different speeds, and see if anything looks out of place, or if there is any kind of odd vibrations in one or another spot. Best way to check for a vibration is lightly touch the upper links, but don't get too close to the wheels while they are moving, and see if any of them feel different. I would start with adjusting the AVC though, and go from there.

yes we recalibrated the AVC couldn't seem to get the orange light to come on the controller to communicate. Ended up just holding down the program button for 5 seconds and turning everything back to stock and it went completely away, it corrected the speed wobble at high speeds it's as straight as an arrow nowwobble again. Thanks for the input fellas I appreciate you helping me fix my car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back