Outcast Car loses throttle after 20 seconds or so

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
We were at the track today and near the end, the car lost throttle. I unplugged the battery, plugged it back in and it ran again for 20 seconds or so. I saw a red led blinking on the esc.

I'm wondering if that is over temp or maybe Low voltage cut? We really didn't run very long on the track that I think we would hit low voltage cut and the motor wasn't hot at all so I don't understand how the esc heated up although the track doesn't not allow any wide open running really so maybe all the heat went to the ESC and it over heated? It didn't feel hot though.

When my stock ESC quit in my Outcast it had entered thermal shut down mode and wouldn't reset itself once it cooled down. Just my experience.

How would I know the temps? The motor was cool. The esc didn't feel warm either.

Screenshot_2018-04-15-11-47-59.png

Yes, I've used temp gun before on Nitro years back. There is no way this could be overheating. i could hold my hands on both components all day. Doesn't low voltage do the same symptoms?

LVC doesn't kill your throttle, it limits your power to around 30% so you can still bring the truck back to you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back