Kraton Car won't wheelie on wet surface ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super-dad-bod

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
My V5 Kraton was doing wheelies with stock pinion and differential fluid pretty easily. I assume that was 10k / 100k / 10k.

After changing out the differential fluid to 60k / 500k / 30k, the car isn't doing wheelies anymore. Is this normal? Wondering if I did something wrong while redoing the differentials.

That is not normal.
Id start by pulling the pinion or just sliding the motor back and make sure the car still rolls smoothly with minimal drag. That will help you know if the front or rear diff is having an issue or a bad bearing somewhere.
IF that checks out good then you need to turn each wheel individually while holding the other side still and see how the diffs are turning.

All of this is assuming zero changes to the electronics occured.

My V5 Kraton was doing wheelies with stock pinion and differential fluid pretty easily. I assume that was 10k / 100k / 10k.

After changing out the differential fluid to 60k / 500k / 30k, the car isn't doing wheelies anymore. Is this normal? Wondering if I did something wrong while redoing the differentials.
Yep something is off, that is weird!?🤯

That is not normal.
Id start by pulling the pinion or just sliding the motor back and make sure the car still rolls smoothly with minimal drag. That will help you know if the front or rear diff is having an issue or a bad bearing somewhere.
IF that checks out good then you need to turn each wheel individually while holding the other side still and see how the diffs are turning.

Thanks, I will try these troubleshooting steps tomorrow.
It's not the EXB LSD diff, is it?
It's not, it's the stock V5 RTR diff.

i would inspect rear and center diff to make sure you arent missing any pieces.

That is not normal.

Both tests passes. Is it possible that I wasn't able to do wheelie because I was driving on wetter conditions?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back